Keyword batch analysis
Keyword batch analysis — is a tool that allows you to collect, edit and store lists of keywords without leaving the service.
The tool allows you to:
- collect main parameters for keywords from selected search engines;
- collect lists of keywords from any reports of the Domain analysis module;
- submit keywords to the Rank tracker tool;
- update volume;
- add keywords to Serpstat database.
To get more info with examples and cases, read this article.
1. Create a project using the tool:
- enter a name of the project;
- select search engines;
- add keywords;
- select the parameters.
There’s a loader with updating progress on the top of the page.
Notice, you can not add new keywords in the project until the end of the updating process.
2. In the generated report, you will see data for the added keywords:
Volume — Keyword search volume per month according to Google Ads or Yandex.Direct (average value for the last year).
CPC — cost per click (the amount of money you would spend if you bid on this keyword in ads).
Keyword difficulty — The assessment of the level of competition for a keyword to advance in organic search in the top-10. It is measured on a scale from 0 to 100%, where: 0-20 easy; 21-40 — medium; 41-60 — difficult; 61-100 — very difficult. (The parameter is only available on Google).
PPC competition — the level of competition shows how difficult it would be to advance with this keyword. Max 100%. The more domains use this keyword in their ads campaigns, the higher level of competition is. (The parameter is only available on Google).
Results — the number of results for a keyword in organic SERP.
3. Edit the generated report: add/remove keywords, search engines and parameters
4. Submit keywords (up to 500 keywords per request) to the Rank tracker tool or to the Keyword clustering tool:
You can add keywords to your needed project or create a new one, but when you add keywords to the existing project of Clustering tool, you need to go to this project and click on the "Refresh clustering" button after adding keywords.
5. Keywords can be copied to the clipboard, deleted from the project, and the columns with parameters can be swapped. Needed buttons:
6. Filtering is available by parameters:
- number of results;
- competition level;
- number of words in a keyword;
- special elements in SERP;
- search engine;
- filter toponyms;
7. With the quick filter it is possible to filter keywords by the specific keyword:
8. Export is available in the following formats:
- CSV Open Office, Libre Office (to 1M)
- CSV Microsoft Excel (CP1251) (to 1M)
- XLS Microsoft Excel (to 65K)
- XLSX Microsoft Excel (to 65K)
- Google Sheets (to 75K)
- PDF (to 2K)
9. Update volume
The tool allows you to update the volume for keywords in real-time and get a volume trend graph over the past 12 months.
How to update volume:
- select keywords in the project;
- click on the update button;
- click on the "Update volume" button.
There is an opportunity to export data of the volume trend over the past 12 months - select the needed check-box:
When you download the report with volume trend it will look like this:
- in PDF format as a graph:
- in google sheets, xls, xlsx formats the volume trend is displaying in a new tab:
- in CSV format the volume trend is displaying on the one tab with other information in the report.
10. Update SERP for keywords.
If you need to update the SERP position for a keyword in the search analytics report, you can do this with Keyword batch analysis. You can send selected keywords for updating and after that, you will see updated data in reports.
You can update SERP for the keywords with the following steps:
- select keywords;
- click on the "Update keyword data" button;
- click on the "Update SERP".
11. Add keywords to Serpstat database
Why you need to add keywords: when there is no data for a keyword in the project (N/A) — add them to update volume, SERP and other data in the report.
How to add keywords to the database:
12. How are credits written off?
- Volume update: number of keywords * number of search engines *2= number of credits. (1 keyword = 2 credits)
Example: 15 keywords * 5 search engines * 2 = 150 credits will be charged.
Please note: Tool credits will be charged for volume updating. Tool credits are general for Keyword batch analysis, Domains batch analysis, Clustering, and Text analysis are joint.
- Add keywords to the project manually or import from a file: number of credits is equal to the number of chosen search engines. Number of keywords does not matter.
Example: 15 keywords * 5 search engines = 5 credits will be charged.
- Add keywords from Website Analysis reports to Keywords batch analysis: number of credits is equal to the number of chosen search engines. Number of keywords does not matter.
- Add keywords to the Serpstat database: credits will not be charged.
Please note: Website analysis credits will be charged for project creation and adding keywords. You can check the credits for Keywords batch analysis in the profile.
If you have any questions about the report, there are 2 buttons in the upper right corner:
1) Send feedback — opens the support chat for sending suggestions for improving or reporting an issue.
2) Tutorial — the button will direct you to the tutorial for the report.
If you still have any questions, you can go to our FAQ or contact the tech support chat.
If you'd like to get advice on Serpstat's features, order your free 30-minute demo.