How and why to analyze the visibility of the website in search engines
What is the website visibility
The higher is the visibility of a site in Google, the more popular the resource is, the higher its position in issuing and the higher the frequency of requests by which it is ranked. Visibility, approaching zero, indicates that the project is on low positions for most requests, and users do not find it.
The rating of a website in search engines is calculated on the basis of the positions taken as the ratio of the actual views of the site's snippet to the total number of hits for a given query.
This indicator allows you to estimate the efficiency of SEO-site optimization objectively and can be used by business owners to monitor the work of specialists.
To begin, consider several ways how to find out the website ranking in search engines.
How to find out the visibility of the site
The highest three factors have the first three places of search results, then the index drops. For the first position, the coefficient is one, for positions from 11 to 20 - 0.05.
How to increase site visibility in search engines?
- checking the availability of search engine filters and, in case of detection, carrying out work to eliminate them;
- use of unique and high-quality content;
- expansion of semantic core and LSI copywriting application;
- internal link;
- improve site navigation and usability;
- site adaptation for mobile devices;
- increase the download speed of all pages of the project;
- conducting technical SEO-site audit and the elimination of errors;
- working on unique for each page meta tags in which queries from semantics will be used;
- obtaining links to the site from reputable projects of a similar theme, etc.
A sharp drop in visibility may indicate superimposed filters of search engines or technical errors on the website, for example, incorrect settings in the robots.txt file.
The complex of actions for internal and external SEO-optimization will allow to promote the website to high places in search results and to improve its visibility.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)