|SEO||– 35 min read|
How to Become an Authority in Your Niche
This metric has taken on great importance over the years. It is used by SEO and Marketing specialists to define the overall strength and quality of the domain.
But why does DA matter so much? How is the domain authority calculated? What methods can we use to gain domain authority and trust?
All of these will be discussed in today's article.
- What is the best way to grow authority and trust?
- How can SEO be used to gain authority and trust?
- How can social media be used to gain authority and trust?
- How can PPC ads be used to gain authority and trust?
- What can hurt your authority and trust the most?
- Why does your authority and trust in the market matter?
DA score can be determined by different of factors:
Using its Backlink Analysis tool, you can see the SDR score — Serpstat Domain Rank, an indicator of domain authority on a scale from 0 to 100.
This score depends on the quality and quantity of sites linking to the analyzed one, and sites linking to these referring sites.
1. What is the best way to grow authority and trust?
→ remove bad links or add “nofollow tag” to devalue such links;
→ apply natural link-building techniques, providing your audience with useful info;
→ practice blogger outreach and cooperate with authoritative influencers.
All of these can be optimized with the previously mentioned Serpstat Backlink Analysis tool: use it to find low-quality backlinks that can lead to search engine penalties, identify high-quality backlinks of your competitors, and analyze backlink donors.
→ use proper Headings, Titles, and Descriptions;
→ optimize all the media elements used: images, videos, and so on;
→ use appropriate keywords, the ones that will supplement your content;
→ update your content;
→ add internal links to the texts on your site pages;
→ pay attention to URL structure, and so on.
Among the important points, your regular checklist should include:
→ optimize your XML sitemap and submit it to Google;
→ check your robots.txt settings;
→ consider adding structured data (schema) information: in this way, Google can better understand what your site pages are about;
→ make proper use of hreflang if you have a multilingual website;
→ check redirects and see whether they point to the correct pages;
→ use AMP elements for fast site loading on mobile devices.
What's more, consider migrating your website to HTTPS, surely, in case you haven't done it yet. Replacing HTTP links with the new HTTPS versions is essential in this case.
Make sure you index your pages and monitor what is ranking and what is not. Appearing in Google and Bing isn't always straightforward. It takes tinkering. That is why you need tools like Serpstat.
Using this tool, you can:
- scan any site page to check for on-site issues;
- see technical issues by their priority;
- find recommendations for fixing issues that have a higher impact on your rankings;
- track the growth dynamics of the site optimization level;
- schedule automatic site checks.
→ create social media accounts;
→ make sure that you have an active social media presence;
→ receive feedback from your audience;
→ interact with your users as much as possible.
And remember that the more testimonials you post on your site, the better trust it will receive.
- answer questions expertly;
- write about specific topics-answer questions about those topics;
- consistently create original high-quality content;
- become a guest author on others’ blogs.
Even if you choose to entrust these processes to experienced specialists, your site won't skyrocket overnight. Rashness will come to no good. So keep calm, and adjust to the plan :)
- Reliable quality of service/product.
- Getting started with trust-building and helpful content that brings value to potential customers.
- Focusing on a niche (don’t be a Jack-of-all-trades and master of none).
- Being open and engaging with your community will help you cement your position as an authority.
Prepare the right plan, make your presence felt across social media platforms and other community platforms, share your experience, contribute by helping others and keep posting valuable content from time to time.
- Provide correct answers.
- Showcase Domain Expertise.
- Invest in Real Case Studies.
- Stick to vision values.
- Getting started with Trust-Building Content in today's AI world.
Now you can request a personal demonstration of the service and our expert will provide you with all the info needed :)
2. How can SEO be used to gain authority and trust?
To obtain organic traffic, you need a strong digital strategy that will focus on search engine optimization and allow you to boost your website authority.
This is where it's important to mention E-A-T (Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness) — an outlined in Google's Search Rater Quality Guidelines' concept that has received a lot of attention in recent years.
Technically, E-A-T has no direct relation to SERP Rankings. But it can be defined as a system of assessment for checking changes to the ranking factors.
- Evergreen content: you should always update the info you provide your readers with, and keep it relevant and captivating. What's more, try to choose keywords according to DA.
- Links audit: internal and external link optimization is definitely something every site owner should focus on.
- Contributing guest posts: seek guest blogging opportunities in publications that cover the topic of your business.
- Considering Responsive Design.
- Paying attention to Google’s guidelines.
- Getting listed in directories and investing in public relations.
Create new content on the company blog regularly, choose topics using keywords that are related to what your customers are looking for.
Note that if high-authority resources refer to your site, you will rank higher.
This platform can help you collect real-time search suggestions and find out the interests of your potential clients to write effective content.
- "Related Keywords" report represents all search queries that are semantically related to the searched keyword. This is where you can check and use new variations of the queries.
- "Search Suggestions" report shows the queries offered to users under the search bar.
3. How can social media be used to gain authority and trust?
With a social media marketing plan, you can increase traffic to your blog posts, which will increase in turn your domain authority. Social media sharing is as simple as clicking a button.
The more people it reaches — the more recognized your brand becomes, and the better results you receive.
I measure the effectiveness of social media by using a combination of tools. For me, effectiveness means clicks and opt-ins. Google Analytics, Clicky, and HotJar are what I use to measure clicks and opt-ins from social media.
2. Outline your content strategy.
3. Develop your voice and visual branding to create a Brand Identity.
4. Be authentic & trustworthy there.
5. Be consistent.
6. Be reactive and flexible. If big news happens in your industry, adjust your strategy to this.
7. Build connections. After all, social media is for socializing :)
1. the content quality and freshness;
2. the possibility to solve others' problems;
3. using the right platform;
4. better and clear short messages;
5. engaging, engaging, engaging...
Make sure positive feedback on social media makes it on the walls, not hidden in some star rating nobody can share.
Join our #serpstat_chat!
Join #serpstat_chat to discuss the questions of practical SEO, trends, and updates with SEO experts.
We conduct them every Thursday at 2 pm ET | 11 am PT on our Twitter channel by hashtag #serpstat_chat.
4. How can PPC ads be used to gain authority and trust?
Using both these tactics can help you in boosting your site traffic, Domain Authority, and online presence in general.
You can improve your PPC strategy by focusing on domain authority by performing the following:
However, a highly competitive retail product type that varies a lot in quality in the market, may benefit from a consistent stream of reviews.
In my experience, you can often get the info on what's needed to succeed with any given channel, from whoever you're buying the ad space from. Google of course has the various guideline docs that'll give you clues. Competitors will tell you as well. And hey, testing always works.
Hot tip: If you have a highly competitive product and want to position it in the market(s), a good influencer can work wonders. BUT they can consistently net you a lot of reviews on the cheap, as well!
5. What can hurt your authority and trust the most?
→ Suspicious link-building: you need to avoid being involved in any black hat link-building tactics.
→ Irrelevant content: update your texts regularly.
→ Too rich anchor text: stop using the same keyword anchor texts over and over again; dilute your anchor texts with other relevant words.
→ Massive keyword stuffing: use your keywords deliberately.
→ Slow load speed: avoid overloading your web pages with images and videos.
→ Lack of social posting: as was mentioned previously, brand awareness and trust depend on a social media presence a lot. And remember that "sharing is caring."
2. Using Black Hat marketing techniques.
Obviously, all of these can hurt your authority and trust.
You have to follow all the rules of the regions you're trading in! Not only the regulations in the country you're based in!
Then, you also want to make sure your site doesn't error 500 on your customers! Limit your crawls :)
Please note: there are new regulations on privacy, but also: consumer protection, online reviews, what influencers you can legally use and how you may use them, etc. Google is changing rules again, but the laws in your region are changing too.
Just to add: a branche organization will usually have instructions on what should be on your site, what language you should be using (what words and guarantees to avoid and such), where you should be registered, and all that jazz.
Only put people on your communication channels that:
- have some level of decision-making power: nothing worse than getting no help on a fast-help platform;
- aren't temps;
- signed a communication protocol.
6. Why does your authority and trust in the market matter?
You can see how you compare to your competitors and understand your site's credibility in the eyes of search engines, as well as your potential audience.
Aside from what Google thinks of you: you shouldn't just judge authority relative to your niche requirement, but also, relative to your brand identity and competitor brand levels. A big brand will be compared to other big brands, this will impact expectations.
So the higher you shoot, the more you'll be required to do at the competitor brand level. Smaller brands, with less "luxury" identities, may not have to do as much — compared to yours. Who you're aiming to be a part of — their level — should be a consideration.
An experienced SEO knows that the most successful sites in organic search have just the right mix of all these fundamentals, including those that contribute to your domain authority.
To learn this topic in more detail, read the following article and check how E-A-T influences SEO in today's digital world:
Hope you will join us to discuss even more captivating topics :)
Learn, succeed, and share your experiences in this group: discuss workflows, network with other Serpstatmates, and contact our dedicated customer support representatives.
Get the latest product updates and industry news here!
Looking forward to interaction — we’re sure you’ll love our little community as much as we do :)
→ Ways to create a best-in-class content team
→ GSC and how to create and update content with it
→ Link building for affiliate sites in 2022
→ AI-powered content
→ E-A-T and its importance for SEO
→ SEO For Wix Websites: Myths and Best Practices
Speed up your search marketing growth with Serpstat!
Keyword and backlink opportunities, competitors' online strategy, daily rankings and SEO-related issues.
A pack of tools for reducing your time on SEO tasks.
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)