SEO For Wix Websites: Myths and Best Practices
In today's article, we will dive deeper into the benefits of the WIX web-builder and discuss a lot of interesting points about SEO issues that arise when mastering CMS.
You may be curious about the benefits WIX may offer. Among the most considerable ones:
But can we feel confident that CMSes are reliable? More on this below.
1. How important are reliability & security when working with a CMS?
How can that be explained? Since most CMS platforms are open source, they are vulnerable. In addition to a collaborative environment, open source content management systems also provide the benefit of sharing and modifying source code.
- How important are reliability and security when you work with a CMS?
- How does it affect your work as an SEO?
The lack of security measures can hinder your efforts to build a site that complies with Google's guidelines.
Disable unnecessarily Web Server functions, disable all unnecessary plugins and implement a WAF. These are the first things that come to my mind :)
Thus, I don't think it will be a problem if the plugin, theme, and core updates are not neglected.
If your CMS is like Fort Knox, but you put unhappy staff/temps on work stations & service lines, or if your office uses unmanned entryways, or an unsafe network, or if your partner has an unguarded facility, etc., your site and data STILL won't be secure.
If the environment around a system isn't secure, the system isn't secure. The question is: HOW secure does everything need to be for us — in our niche? What are the rules around that? What do we need to spend on it? 100% safe is impossible. It's a tier system.
2. Wix's bot log reports: how to use this data to optimize a site?
You can avoid this and optimize your site using server logs. Log data reports can help you solve problems that may be hindering Google from crawling your site effectively.
Wix's users can access bot log reports that include requests from bots, indicating what they need to do to resolve technical SEO issues.
Find errors that hold your site back in one click using this tool:
- find issues divided into three groups, depending on their severity: high, medium, and low priority;
- estimate the level of site optimization by different criteria and our Serpstat Domain Optimization (SDO) Score;
- keep track of site optimization growth dynamics;
- learn how to speed up your website's pages on computers and mobile devices.
Request a demo of our service and our expert will provide you with all the info needed!
3. How does CMS affect SEO and what you can do about it?
CMS platform affects SEO in several ways:
A CMS has the potential to allow these biz owners to create content and be able to rank it. VERY important to Google IMHO because it solves the gap in quality content that exists today.
I'll say it's not enough for a CMS to improve for SEO — they have to help educate their user base to better understand how to write content for the web — literally one of the focus points of my work at @Wix. It's one of the best parts of the job, to be honest.
At the same time, the question is, "Will website builders replace web developers?" Everything is possible, let's see :)
Join our #serpstat_chat!
Join #serpstat_chat to discuss the questions of practical SEO, trends, and updates with SEO experts.
We conduct them every Thursday at 2 pm ET | 11 am PT on our Twitter channel by hashtag #serpstat_chat.
4. Google and Wix partnership: benefits for site owners
By partnering with Google Cloud, Wix can provide business owners with advanced tools to optimize their online presence and succeed in today's online marketplace.
The following Google integrations are already built into Wix:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google Search Console
- Google Workspaces
The possibilities of these platforms solidify Wix as a strong consideration for any business wanting to go online and gradually level up.
In a recent round of resubmissions in GSC of unindexed pages, after a few were picked up, dozens more were picked up by Gbot in the process.
5. SEO-friendly CMS: what does it mean?
1. Does it take care of all the various kinds of site owners.
2. Does it allow SEOs to do their thing.
3. Does it care to constantly improve because there is no end of the road that is "ultimate SEO friendliness."
- SSL security certification
- XML sitemaps
- 301 redirect capability
- Customizable page elements
- URL settings
- Blogging and internal linking tools
- Taxonomy and tagging features
- Responsive themes
- Analytics reporting
Learn, succeed, and share your experiences in this group: discuss workflows, network with other Serpstatmates, and contact our dedicated customer support representatives.
Get the latest product updates and industry news here!
Looking forward to interaction — we’re sure you’ll love our little community as much as we do :)
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)