How To Measure Your Competitor's AdWords Budget And Estimate Transaction Costs
Step 1: Count the traffic.
Step 2: Count the number of sales and coefficient of transactions
- Place an order #1. If your order number is 003149, that would be 3149th sale on this website.
- Place order #2 a week later. Say this time order number is (003281).
- Count how many orders the website processes every month. Simple math is all you need: 3281-3149=132 so 132 orders per week, multiply by 4 to get number of monthly orders (132*4) ~528 orders per month.
Step 3: Estimate income
Step 4: Estimate competitor's advertising budget in %
- Enter the domain into Serpstat's search bar and go to "PPC Research" and then click on "Keywords." All competitive ppc keywords that the queried domain bids on in Google AdWords are displayed here. Now you need to export this list. Spreadsheets are best suited for calculations, so that choose between Excel and Google spreadsheets. I prefer Google Spreadsheets so that I'll use it as a ppc budget estimator.
- After exporting, you'll get the spreadsheet with lots of different columns, but we need just some of them:
1) Position (Pos in a spreadsheet)
2) The number of queries
3) Google cpc estimator (CPC or cost per click in a spreadsheet)
If you want, you can also leave the columns with the domain, not to forget which competitor you're analyzing and the keywords to see the correlation between the researching keyword, and it's monthly budget. After deleting all irrelevant columns, you'll get something like this:
Speed up your search marketing growth with Serpstat!
Keyword and backlink opportunities, competitors' online strategy, daily rankings and SEO-related issues.
A pack of tools for reducing your time on SEO tasks.
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)