|PPC||– 7 min read –||February 7, 2017|
How To Measure Your Competitor's AdWords Budget And Estimate Transaction Costs
Step 1: Count the traffic.
Step 2: Count the number of sales and coefficient of transactions
- Place an order #1. If your order number is 003149, that would be 3149th sale on this website.
- Place order #2 a week later. Say this time order number is (003281).
- Count how many orders the website processes every month. Simple math is all you need: 3281-3149=132 so 132 orders per week, multiply by 4 to get number of monthly orders (132*4) ~528 orders per month.
Step 3: Estimate income
Step 4: Estimate competitor's advertising budget in %
- Enter the domain into Serpstat's search bar and go to "PPC Research" and then click on "Keywords." All keywords that the queried domain bids on in Google AdWords are displayed here. Now you need to export this list. Spreadsheets are best suited for calculations, so that choose between Excel and Google spreadsheets. I prefer Google Spreadsheets so that I'll use it for calculation.
- After exporting, you'll get the spreadsheet with lots of different columns, but we need just some of them:
1) Position (Pos in a spreadsheet)
2) The number of queries
3) CPC (cost per click)
If you want, you can also leave the columns with the domain, not to forget which competitor you're analyzing and the keywords to see the correlation between the keyword, and it's monthly budget. After deleting all irrelevant columns, you'll get something like this:
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)