SEO for the Real Estate Niche: How Can a Regional Agency Compete With Real Estate Aggregators
In this article, we will share practical tips on promoting a relatively small project and answer the main question:
How can a regional agency compete with large aggregators?
So let's figure SEO things out!
SEO Goals For Your Project
Let's take as an example a regional real estate agency in California, dive deeper into the possible ways of simplifying the SEO process, and discover tools that can increase promotion efficiency and help the website rank higher.
Serpstat — an all-in-one platform with various tools that allow us to:
- determine direct competitors of the promoted site;
- collect popular real estate keywords and analyze the competitors' semantics;
- review the overall structure of rival websites in the real estate niche and pages that attract visitors;
- analyze the link profiles of the top competitors in the niche.
#1: How to Do Competitor Analysis
Main competitors are the websites that rank in the TOP-10 of search results. These are the sites that we will focus on when implementing our SEO tactics.
To identify the main website's competitors, we use Serpstat SEO Competitor Analysis Tool ("Domain Analysis" → "SEO Research" → "Competitors").
In short, here you can:
- discover your competitors' traffic sources and tap into them for your growth;
- make a detailed domain comparison to find a ranking gap;
- get all the top-ranking pages of your competitors and analyze what makes them so successful;
- review all your competitors' keywords in organic search.
It is essential to determine whether there is any point in SEO promotion at the project appraisal stage. If the website does not comply with the minimum requirements, it's going to be very difficult to promote it.
Based on search results and the preliminary analysis of competitors, we identify the crucial factors for SEO promotion. These include:
Request a free personal demonstration of the service, and our experts will provide you with all the info!
#2: How to Write a Promotional Plan
#3: How to Implement SEO Processes
- Month #1
Through the analysis of the most visited pages of competitors' sites, and the analysis of organic traffic they get, we can identify priorities for working with certain types and groups of pages, as well as pages we should prioritize during the promotion.
- Month #2-3
Unfortunately, oftentimes small real estate agencies run on poorly built website platforms, which cause many of the technical SEO issues in the first place. By simply using one of the professionally built real estate website templates, can single-handedly eliminate most of the technical SEO issues.
In addition to the basic optimization inherent in all sites, such as writing unique page titles and meta descriptions or increasing site loading speed, building a high-quality internal link profile is a necessary procedure that has to be adhered to.
To carry out a comprehensive technical SEO audit, we use Serpstat Technical Website SEO Audit Tool ("Site Audit" → "Audit Summary").
Serpstat SEO Text Analysis Tool is a good fit for such a purpose. Here, you can perform comprehensive text analysis of any page content to optimize the text.
- Month #4-12
Serpstat is a perfect fit for your SEO processes, as it contains tools that help:
- track changes in the visibility of the site;
- analyze traffic dynamics;
- research keywords;
- monitor your site's position changes.
Checklist on Successful Promotion of a Real Estate Agency
- Preparation of the site structure based on semantics and the analysis of competitors.
- Analysis and improvement of the main information blocks on the site, as well as the principles of their work.
- On-page optimization: preparation of meta tags templates and technical requirements for content.
- Building a strong backlink profile.
- Implementation of a real estate website functionality on the optimal CMS: filters, sortation, facilities display on the map, etc.
- Realization of a convenient and intuitive design.
- Fulfilling technical requirements set by the SEO team.
- Maintaining the functionality of the site.
- Ensuring a constant flow of real estate facilities.
- Timely adding of new objects to the website and maintaining relevant information about already existing ones.
- Ensuring quality service delivery and customer-oriented service.
New facilities should constantly appear on the site, and all irrelevant offers should be transferred to the archive.
Do not forget to update facilities' descriptions and post relevant photos.
Speed up your search marketing growth with Serpstat!
Keyword and backlink opportunities, competitors' online strategy, daily rankings and SEO-related issues.
A pack of tools for reducing your time on SEO tasks.
Discover More SEO Tools
Website SEO analysis – gain detailed insights into your website's technical health
Batch Analysis of Competitors' Domains
DA Domain Checker – get valuable information about the competitors' domains
AI Content Tools
AI Content Marketing Tools – simplify and optimize the content creation process
Local SEO Tool
Our local SEO platform – optimize your website for maximum impact
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)