|News||– 11 min read –||May 28, 2019|
How To Increase SEO Traffic By 50% Without Creating New Pages
How to optimize existing pages with API Keyword Research?
URL Missing Keywords is a method that shows which keywords your competitors rank for in top 10, even though they are absent on your website.
Grab Keywords is a unique method that is available only in the Serpstat API console. It works on the basis of existing pages' analysis and is very beneficial for updating and repeated optimization.
Comparing URL Missing Keywords and Grab Keywords
URL Missing Keywords
Setting up the method
Missing keywords for pages
- search volume per month
- competitive level
- potential traffic value (search volume * CPC)
- the page where the keyword is missing.
To apply this method for optimizing old pages, you should first collect a list of your direct competitors. Of course, you can do this manually, but automation increases your performance. Therefore:
- Position reflects positions of your domain. If this cell is empty, your page doesn't rank for this keyword
- Traff shows the potential traffic the domain can get with this keyword
- Traff_loss is a predicted loss of traffic due to the missing keyword. It shows the difference between the current and predicted traffic. If you add the keyword in the text and meta descriptions, you can expect such traffic increase according to a rough calculation
- Url_prob shows the probability that the landing page for a specific keyword was determined correctly.
When optimizing with the Grab Keywords method, you have a few essential things to consider. Since the method spends the API limits, check how many limits you need before using the console:
- search volume
- competition level
- negative keywords.
The method gives results only if the age of the domain is more than one year. In this case, all subpages and keywords of the domain are already known.
In the final report of the Grab Keywords method, you will see keywords that will help you reach top rankings without having to create new pages. The reverse method has been described here.
Further data processing
Grouping by URL
- XLSX (multiple sheets)
- Sheets Split Column = url
- Sheets Sort Column = traff_loss
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)