|Marketing||– 7 min read –||December 19, 2016|
10 commandments for running an effective referral marketing program
A successful referral marketing program will make it easy for your customers to promote you. The customer needs to have a painless experience when it comes to promoting your brand. They do not need to take extra time or effort to send you customers. The only action they need to take is a single click to promote you. Below, you will find the dos and don'ts of running an effective referral marketing program.
Referral marketing platform
Create compelling offers
Promote your referral program
Other key touch points are order confirmation pages and purchase confirmation emails. Consider using overlay pop up messages on various pages of your site that do not disrupt the design of your site. Lastly, make sure to send your customers reminder emails with an overview including stats on how well they are doing in their referral program. This will encourage them to do better.
Make sharing easy
Create an inviting friend experience
Promote on key channels
- Reach out through your Email Lists
- Inform through your social networks
- Announce on your order confirmation pages and/or emails
- Notify using exit intent pop-ups and incentivize by offering discount or gift for joining
- Make promotions clean with a clear call to action
Personalize your sharing
- The messaging/offer
- Offer description
- Offer text
- Call to action
Create a loop
Know your numbers
- 20-30% - share rate is typical for brand
- 50-60% - you will grow quickly
- Over 60% - you are hitting home run
Monitor results and optimize accordingly
- Analyze performance by promotional placement
- Analyze performance by sharing channel ( i.e., email, facebook, twitter, etc.)
- Test the copy
- Default sharing messages
- Remarketing efforts and more.
Now you know the dos and don'ts of running an effective referral marketing program. You can now use these rules to create a successful word of mouth marketing channel for your business. Word of mouth is one of the best marketing channels that you can use to grow your traffic and sales. The good thing about referral marketing is that it is cheaper than most marketing channels. You don't have to pay the high fees you do for acquiring prospects. Also, you will only reward for successful sales or referrals. Create a referral program for your business now and get the customers who love you to promote your brand.
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)