|Marketing||– 7 min read –||March 14, 2017|
7 eCommerce Site Redesign Hacks
Thankfully, some redesigning tips and tricks help drive up traffic and increase conversions easily. These are listed below.
- Make sure the search bar is situated front and center on your website.
- Make the search button a different color from the rest of the color scheme so that it stands out prominently on your page.
- Use the right tags to ensure users get correct results for your products.
- Add filters to increase the effectiveness of your results page. Make sure the filters display products according to not only parameters like size and color, but also clearance items, price, popularity, and release date.
- Include the auto-complete function so that users can find the correct results faster.
- Use semantic-based search instead of plain text.
- Update all outdated content on your website.
- Fix any links that are broken or display page errors.
- Add links to similar pages at the bottom of your blog post.
- Post relevant internal links in your content to retain visitors on your site.
- Add an effective CTA, such as free downloads or email sign ups on your exit page so that customers quickly know what to do next.
- Offer a free download related to the content on your exit page. This process is also known as a content upgrade.
- Do not attempt all these things on your exit page; go with the ones that make the most sense for your website. Your goal should be to guide your visitors to the logical next step. Make sure they have somewhere to go, so they will want to leave less.
Live chat has become a significant part of customer service, overtaking phone and email support, and it has been found to boost ecommerce conversion rates. Add live chat features to your website using solutions like Olark and LiveChat.
- Add progress bars to your website to indicate how close your visitors are to unlocking the next reward.
- Implement loyalty programs that give out badges and points.
- Add silly games to your website to up the fun element.
- Give customers points for the site or product reviews.
- Provide one-click checkout.
- Ensure the checkout page remains clean, containing only the necessary details.
- Use big, eye-catching CTAs, such as "Read more" or "Buy now."
- Limit the number of categories available to ease the browsing process.
- Showcase the reviews so that customers make up their minds more easily.
- Send reminder emails some days after your clients receive the product, requesting them to write their reviews.
- Form a loyalty program to reward honest reviewers with points or discounts.
- Simplify the process of leaving reviews.
Thanks! Very nice tips!
Welcome. We're glad you liked them ;)
Leadfeeder + Bitrix24 = mind blown. Best free lead generation combo ever. I wish it was a single tool.