|How-to||– 6 min read –||August 22, 2019|
How to analyze an external link popularity
What is the external link popularity?
According to Google's recommendations, you should strive to create high-quality unique content on your website that owners of other resources will link to for natural reasons, thanks to these actions, the project will be promoted. Placing paid and similar links optimized for certain queries can lead to a deterioration of the website's position in search results.
External links to your website. What should they be?
The donor website on which the links are placed, must be of high quality and meet the following requirements:
In addition to quality control of links and donor sites, need to pay attention to the formation of the most diverse link profile:
- use a large number of different options for anchors, giving preference to non-anchor links. The non-anchor links refer to any spelling of the website address and company name, as well as non-transactional queries: "here", "there" and others;
- do not use many identical commercial keywords in anchors, as this is perceived by search engines as spam;
- for naturalness, apply the nofollow attribute in some links;
- create links in the form of pictures;
- build link popularity gradually, especially for new resources. It also should not be sharply reduced;
- add links to forums and social networks.
How to check the link popularity of your website using Serpstat
Considering that the sharp appearance on the resource of a large number of links with a spammed anchor sheet causes search engine filters, this method of competition with the project can be used by owners of other websites.
Let's use Serpstat to check the external links to the website. To do this, enter on the main page the domain for which we want to check backlinks, and go to the "Backlink Analysis" module, selecting "Summary Report":
To avoid the sanctions of search engines and achieve effective website promotion, you do not need only an analysis of external links, but also regular updating, adjustment of the resource link profile.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)