|Analytics||– 27 min read|
How Does a Turkish Digital Specialist Keep Up With the Trends in the Market?
The Serpstat team decided to investigate local markets and determine what distinguishes them from the international one. Our virtual journey began in Turkey.
- Haydar Özkömürcü
Marketing consultant at CremicroHaydar has worked with more than 300 brands such as General Electric, Johnson & Johnson, and T. İşbank worldwide during his professional career. In addition, he has trained more than 3,000 students who are active in the field.
- Mert ErkalFounder at StradijiMert is an experienced marketer and SEO specialist with more than ten years background. He is the founder of Stradiji.com, one of the leading agencies on the Turkish market. Mert also holds SEOs Diner Club community with the latest news in the SEO field.
- Yiğit Konur
Founder of Zeo Agency and WopeYiğit is a professional with over fifteen years of experience in the market. As a specialist with a wealth of experience, he shares it at various conferences. He also serves on the jury representing Turkey at the Search Awards.
- Kürşad Sualp
Founder of Digitanya SEO AgencyFounder and SEO Manager of Digitanya SEO Agency. He has managed over 250 SEO projects and is currently involved in medium and large-scale projects. Also Kürşad produces Youtube content called SEO Chats.
How do specialists gain knowledge of the industry?
- What are the most popular social networks among Turkish digital professionals?
- What do Turkish digital professionals read?
- Who should you follow to keep up with the latest market news?
What tools do Turkish SEOs use?
We interviewed Turkish digital experts to gain an insight into how everything works here. In the first part of the survey, you will find out where to keep up with the industry news and who to follow.
This article will be helpful to:
- Professionals who are just starting their journey in the market;
- Digital specialists who want to find new sources of inspiration;
- Those who are just curious to learn more about the Turkish digital market.
How do specialists gain knowledge of the industry?
The official language in Turkey is Turkish, and most of the population speaks Turkish. Therefore, it can be assumed that all professionals consume content in their native language.
However, 56% of the respondents shared that they receive professional content in English, 40% prefer Turkish, and the other 4% read sources in both languages.
- 32.8% of respondents get up-to-date news about the industry on social media.
- 25.9% follow blogs.
- 23.3% follow professional media.
- 12.9% receive industry news from Influencers.
- 5.2% prefer other sources.
What are the most popular social networks among Turkish digital professionals?
Experts shared what social media they use most often. The results are following:
Telegram is not a very popular source of professional news. However, our respondents shared the channels they read there. Among them:
- Search engine land;
- Search Engine Optimization SEO;
- Personal channel of Samet Baki Bayram;
- Personal channel of John Mu;
- Personal channel of Tevfük Mert Azizoğlu;
- Personal channel of John Garben.
What do Turkish digital professionals read?
However, blogs are a significant source of knowledge for digital professionals in the Turkish market. Therefore, we invite you to take a look at the blogs mentioned by our respondents:
- Webrazzi is Turkey's leading media covering the development of the internet and the tech world through research and analysis.
Followed by many professionals shaping the sector, Webrazzi publishes a wide variety of news and analysis, from web start-ups to investments in the field.
- ZEO is an international SEO and digital marketing agency. You will find helpful tips, in-depth tutorials, and more practical materiasl on the ZEO blog.
- SEO Hocasi is the only ISO 9001-certified SEO company in Turkey that provides corporate SEO consulting services. On the SEO Hocasi blog, you can get up-to-date information about the industry and learn from the company's experience.
- The company's expertise aims to provide professional website design, SEO services, and online advertising.
In their blog, you can find helpful SEO and web design articles.
- Kobisi is an e-commerce infrastructure where you can both create an e-commerce site and integrate your site with different marketplace platforms. In addition, Kobisi also provides its customers with various services.
They have a blog that is constantly updating with helpful articles SEO and digital marketing. There you can find content based on agency professionals' experience.
- At MarketingTR, you can find articles to suit all tastes, from email marketing to advice on building a sustainable strategy. There's also information on industry events, webinar recordings, and much more.
- Pazarlamasyon offers original and valuable content on marketing, business, and digital transformation topics. In addition to the usual articles, the resource regularly conducts digital research and interviews with experts.
- Earnando's blog has three main sections: marketing, business development, and startup tips. You can find guides and tips to help you dive deeper into your chosen topic in each section.
- Webtures is a company specializing in digital marketing, especially SEO. The Webtures blog publishes comprehensive guides and articles. Therefore, it can be a good source of information for newcomers or those who want to delve deeper into a particular topic.
- Branding Turkey is a new generation channel where academics and industry professionals assess all the facts about integrated marketing. In addition to academic and industry articles, Branding Turkey also includes interviews with industry experts, book recommendations for professionals, and news, announcements, and events for the business world.
- This website publishes SEO, SEM, ASO, design, and UI/UX news. Aramamotoru also posts practical articles on these topics.
- SeoSozluk is a platform that shares articles about SEO, SEM, and eCommerce. The platform has gained popularity due to its successful work and participation in many medium and large eCommerce and Corporate projects.
- Markethinkers is an award-winning international SEO and content marketing agency that focuses on developing high-quality content that will improve your business rankings on search results pages. The agency's team created a knowledge base based on their own experience. So on the website, you can find information about content marketing and SEO development.
- Icerik bulutu academy is an extensive knowledge base for digital professionals. There you will find articles, webinars, and e-books about content marketing.
- You will find news from the advertising and marketing industry on this site. Also, get acquainted with the novelties and trends of visual communication. In addition, the site is regularly updated with research and interviews.
Using Serpstat, you can easily see the most relevant sites for the keyword you are looking for.
Who should you follow to keep up with the latest market news?
Of course, there are many content formats, and every influencer chooses the one that suits them best. To learn more about content trends on the market, we asked digital professionals in which form they feel most comfortable receiving professional news.
The results are following:
When you succeed in putting a great strategy on the global market, you can also follow the same principles to create success in the Turkish market. There is only one difference in terms of Google's ability to understand content from a technical point of view, but that does not mean that you can still use spammy tactics to do SEO, but we cannot deny that backlinks are effective in those markets where Google is unable to understand the context of written language.
He has worked with more than 300 brands such as General Electric, Johnson & Johnson, and T. İşbank worldwide during his professional career. In addition, he has trained more than 3,000 students who are active in the field. He writes articles in leading industry publications and has been selected as Turkey's most influential figure in the Internet and technology in 2018.
Büşra is an experienced Search Engine Optimization Executive with an extensive history of working in the marketing and advertising industry. She is skilled in SEO, PR, Content Marketing, and Social Media.
As an SEO specialist, she has a lot to share. And she actively does so on her Twitter and LinkedIn. Büşra is also a content writer on BoostRoas.
Koray Tuğberk Gübür
Koray is the founder and owner of Holistic SEO & Digital. He shares his knowledge through articles, webinars, conferences, and SEO-related events. He focuses on Data Science, Machine Learning, Web Development, Entity-based Contextual Search, Semantic Content Network Creation, and Marketing, Branding, and Reputation Management.
You can follow Koray on Twitter, LinkedIn or read his articles on Serpstat blog.
Ayhan is head of the digital productivity and advertising agency Site Support. He is one of the top 5 marketing blog sites in Turkey (Power 100) and one of the top 5 SEO experts in Turkey. He focused on Search Engine Technology, Sales, Execution ?, and Management.
Ayhan has a YouTube channel where he shares helpful SEO tips and interacts with industry leaders. He also has his blog, where he publishes articles about digital marketing, and LinkedIn, where he shares top news.
Yiğit started his career in 2005 and has been involved in many SEO projects as a freelancer. In 2012, he founded the Zeo agency. Yiğit speaks at conferences such as Digitalzone, CMMasters, SEMdays, WMF, inOrbit, and the biggest contemporary SEO conference, called BrightonSEO. He also serves as a jury, representing Turkey at the Search Awards.
You can follow Yiğit on Twitter and LinkedIn. He is also the author of articles on the Zeo blog.
Ilyas has been working in the SEO field for 13+ years. He is now Founder & SEO Consultant at Mosanta.com. He had worked as an SEO Director of iProspect's Chicago office, one of the world's largest digital marketing agencies. Ilyas provided SEO consultancy for more than 200 brands, such as Coca-Cola, Adidas, Sony, Pegasus in Turkey, Europe and American markets.
Kaan Gülten is a technology entrepreneur, CEO of Webtures. Founder of Girişimci Kafası, the largest entrepreneurship community in Turkey. Startup Mentor at Cube Incubation, Turk Telekom Pilot, and BTM Istanbul. Skilled in Mobile Advertising, Digital Strategy, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), E-commerce, Marketing Strategy, Growth Hacking, and Entrepreneurship.
Kaan actively writes on his Twitter and LinkedIn, filling them with helpful content. He also has his blog where he shares his experiences and useful material in article format.
Zafer has six years of digital marketing experience in domestic and foreign markets in Turkey, USA, Canada, UK, Europe, Mena, South Asia, and Australia in 6 languages. He also conducts training on Google Ads, Facebook, and Instagram advertising.
Since the beginning of his career, he has been developing a blog and sharing professional content on social media.
Ahmet is co-owner and digital marketing coach at the advertising agency Brandok. He has been working in digital for about ten years. Ahmet likes to share his knowledge, so he spends a lot of time training in one-to-one format.
Ahmet also shares his knowledge on his blog and social media: LinkedIn and Instagram.
Temel left has large experience in industry as a marketer researcher. He has led and supervised many studies in the marketing research field. He was the President of the Turkish Marketing Research Association. (2008-2010).
He currently consults on strategy and brand for some of the largest companies in Turkey through his consultancy firm and writes articles on brand, management, and strategy on the blog and Twitter.
Rating of digital agencies in Turkey
There are many digital marketing agencies on the market, and the easiest way to explore this topic is through various ratings. But unfortunately, there isn't one universal list. They are all based on different metrics: customer feedback, expert opinion, traffic counts, and more.
How did we choose the agencies for the ranking?
For the ranking itself, we relied on how the search engine "sees" the agencies themselves in search engine rankings, i.e., on potential traffic and visibility indicators. We believe that if an agency promotes itself well, it gives good results for its clients.
Based on the results, we have compiled our ranking of SEO agencies.
TOP-15 digital agencies of Tukey
Local VS global SEO
In addition, SEO is a sector that is about to grow in Turkey. Users in the global may be more conscious compared to those in Turkey.
To increase the number of successful Turkish SEO experts like Koray Tugberk Gubur, I have been publishing a Turkish SEO bulletin called "Digital Marketing Notes" for the last two years, and I am trying to raise the SEO knowledge level of the sector to international standards.
What tools do Turkish SEOs use?
- Google Tools (Google Trends, Google Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Google Site Speed Test)
- Screaming frog
- Helium 10
- SEO PowerSuite
- Rank Math
- The proximity of data to reality;
- Convenience panel for the end-user;
- It's becoming increasingly critical that the product has an optimal price/performance volume.
We hope our article has helped you understand more about the Turkish market. Do your best in your work!
Speed up your search marketing growth with Serpstat!
Keyword and backlink opportunities, competitors' online strategy, daily rankings and SEO-related issues.
A pack of tools for reducing your time on SEO tasks.
Discover More SEO Tools
Scrape Google SERP and analyze
Connector With Looker Studio
Connect to Looker Studio and create reports with data visualization
Bulk Keyword Analysis
Revolutionize your keyword research process with our bulk keyword checker
Keyword Difficulty Tool
Stay ahead of the competition and dominate your niche with our keywords difficulty tool
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)