|Content Marketing||– 5 min read –||December 12, 2016|
How does it work?
- Google Keyword Suggestions
- API Serpstat (you can find your API token at your profile)
- Script collects the keywords from Serpstat's database
- Then it collects search suggestions from Serpstat's database
- Finally, it collects search suggestions from Google's suggestions
You give "weight" to these keywords to get results even if Serpstat and Google find nothing.
Here is how script processes keywords:
1. The script grabs some keywords and determines their "weight" according to their search volume. The higher search volume the keyword has, the more "weighty" it is. Then the script sums the search volume of keywords, where the required word/phrase is mentioned.
Search volume for search suggestions is "5". Moreover, "bad keywords" or exclusions, which you enter manually to the script, are also taken into account.
2. Then it grabs 2-word phrases and determines their "weight". The words in phrases are sorted by the alphabetic order to speed up the process.
3. Finally, script combines the newly gained data with that received at the previous sessions.
- Keyword — required keyword
- Search Engine — a search engine for which the analysis will be carried out. For example, for the US Google, you need to set the g_us. The entire list of available search engines can be found here.
Limit the maximum number of phrases from the organic issue, which will participate in the analysis. You cannot set more than 1000 here.
- Default keys — list of two-word keywords. You should give each of them some "weight" to receive some kind of result if something goes wrong.
০ Format: type, keyword, "weight". Every keyword should be written from a new line.
w — one word
p — two words
"w; bottle; 50" — initial weight of word bottle is 50.
"p; plastic bottle; 30" — initial weight of phrase plastic bottle is 30.
"w; plastic bottle; 20" — incorrect. You cannot use a two-word phrase for the "w" type.
- Bad words — comma-separated list of words you want the script to exclude from the results.
- Token — here you need to enter your token for API access. It can be found on your profile page.
How to use the gained results?
Don't use unreadable word forms offered by the script. Change the word order, add prepositions to make them readable.
You should understand that the gained results are just a bunch of words so that you can change the order of words in phrases and add prepositions to make them readable. For example, you can use "free backlinks checker" instead of "backlinks checker free". Or "backlinks with high pr" instead of "backlinks high pr".
It happens because the words are sorted by the alphabetic order for faster-obtaining data.
If you have some doubts that the gained results are not correct or there are some problems with the default settings, you can look at the list of the words and phrases that were used in parsing. Click on "Show more" at the very end of the page. Here is an example:
Tips on how to use these keywords
- Include these keywords in H1, Title, and Description;
- Add keywords to the image alt tag;
- Integrate keywords into content naturally;
- Don't highlight all keywords in bold;
- Don't use too many keywords;
- Create useful and interesting content for these keywords.