How You Can Use Serpstat Search Suggestions Tool: Tips And Tricks
Here is an example. Let's say we want to find search questions for a keyword "phone" (let's imagine that we make a plan for the content for the blog of the online shop).
We enter the keyword, then select the region (let it be google.com), click on "Search" and go to the already mentioned section "Search suggestions" — "Questions only".
Let's see how it works:
- Choose desired keywords;
- Click on the "Keyword operations" button;
- Choose a project where you'd like to add these keywords;
- Press "Submit".
- Choose the desired keywords via the checkbox;
- Click on the "Copy to clipboard" button and choose the necessary info to copy.
- Click on the filter;
- Choose the "how" question word;
- Apply the filter.
- Google Keyword Suggestions
- API Serpstat (you can find your API token at your profile)
- Script collects the keywords from Serpstat's database
- Then it collects search suggestions from Serpstat's database
- Finally, it collects search suggestions from Google's suggestions
You give "weight" to these keywords to get results even if Serpstat and Google find nothing.
Here is how script processes keywords:
1. The script grabs some keywords and determines their "weight" according to their search volume. The higher search volume the keyword has, the more "weighty" it is. Then the script sums the search volume of keywords, where the required word/phrase is mentioned.
Search volume for search suggestions is "5". Moreover, "bad keywords" or exclusions, which you enter manually to the script, are also taken into account.
2. Then it grabs 2-word phrases and determines their "weight". The words in phrases are sorted by the alphabetic order to speed up the process.
3. Finally, script combines the newly gained data with that received at the previous sessions.
- Keyword — required keyword
- Search Engine — a search engine for which the analysis will be carried out. For example, for the US Google, you need to set the g_us. The entire list of available search engines can be found here.
Limit the maximum number of phrases from the organic issue, which will participate in the analysis. You cannot set more than 1000 here.
- Default keys — list of two-word keywords. You should give each of them some "weight" to receive some kind of result if something goes wrong.
০ Format: type, keyword, "weight". Every keyword should be written from a new line.
w — one word
p — two words
"w; bottle; 50" — initial weight of word bottle is 50.
"p; plastic bottle; 30" — initial weight of phrase plastic bottle is 30.
"w; plastic bottle; 20" — incorrect. You cannot use a two-word phrase for the "w" type.
- Bad words — comma-separated list of words you want the script to exclude from the results.
- Token — here you need to enter your token for API access. It can be found on your profile page.
Don't use unreadable word forms offered by the script. Change the word order, add prepositions to make them readable.
You should understand that the gained results are just a bunch of words so that you can change the order of words in phrases and add prepositions to make them readable. For example, you can use "free backlinks checker" instead of "backlinks checker free". Or "backlinks with high pr" instead of "backlinks high pr".
It happens because the words are sorted by the alphabetic order for faster-obtaining data.
If you have some doubts that the gained results are not correct or there are some problems with the default settings, you can look at the list of the words and phrases that were used in parsing. Click on "Show more" at the very end of the page. See the example in the second picture below.
- Include these keywords in H1, Title, and Description;
- Add keywords to the image alt tag;
- Integrate keywords into content naturally;
- Don't highlight all keywords in bold;
- Don't use too many keywords;
- Create useful and interesting content for these keywords.
Methods save time on expanding semantics and allow you to work with a lot of information. And also, you don't even need to go into the Serpstat interface for this :)
Here is an example of a request and response for the "Search suggestions" method:
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)