|How-to||– 7 min read –||October 7, 2019|
What is contextual advertising and how it is used: the basics of PPC
What is contextual advertising
Conducting contextual advertising helps to solve such problems:
- attracting new visitors to the site;
- increase sales through the Internet;
- advertising a new resource to a wide audience;
- message about the action and price update;
- improving the image and increasing the brand reputation;
- launch of a new product on the market.
The search context looks organically in the SERP and is highlighted with a small mark under the heading:
Types of contextual advertising
To become a member of it and place someone else's ad, the site must pass a search for relevance and authority on the part of search engines.
Therefore, before launching the context, it is important to refine the site and make it as useful as possible for visitors. If the site is not attractive, and the content is irrelevant — there is a high probability of wasting the budget.
Formats of contextual advertising
What should be the advertisement
- Related topics with the site or request history of a particular user;
- attractive in design, but not too bright;
- informative and understandable for your audience;
- unique in design and text.
Context only affects the target audience, so each word in an ad should sell. If a banner is used, the image should have an attractive image in the subject of the advertisement.
How to set up contextual advertising
Google is considered to be the most advanced, as it offers the maximum number of settings that allow you to specify more accurate display options for advertisements.
Pros and cons of contextual advertising
- Quick results after launching an advertising campaign;
- wide audience reach for key requests;
- payment for the result (go to your site);
- the ability to edit the campaign after its launch;
- control of advertising, analytics using online tools;
- appeal to the target audience;
- universality regarding the advertised products.
- Committing inappropriate clicks by competitors, which leads to a budget drain (click);
- the high cost of click in a competitive subject;
- users using ad blockers;
- banner blindness, irritation from people;
- lack of direct influence of advertisements on search engine promotion.
What is PPC?
The advertiser pays the search engine or the owner of the online platform on which his ad is placed. The cost of a click is determined by the level of competition in the niche, the CTR, and the relevance of the landing page.
The clickthrough rate is determined by the formula:
It is believed that setting up Google Adwords contextual advertising is the most difficult for beginners and more suitable for large companies. If this tool is difficult to understand on your own, and alternative options do not suit you, you can order contextual advertising from specialists.
Remarketing and retargeting
For example, you can remind a person that he left a product in the basket and did not buy it. You can set the ad display period so that it does not annoy a former site visitor months later.
In addition, you can specify the geographic area of the ad to be displayed only to interested persons in a particular country, city, or area (geo-targeting).
Using Google Adwords and other tools, you can set individual parameters for displaying ads. Typically, an advertiser pays for each click (PPC basis).
A contextual advertising specialist is able to fine-tune the display of an ad exclusively to those users who are interested in your product.
Effective contextual advertising increases the flow of traffic to the site, increases the sales or popularity of the company, depending on your goals.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)