|SEO||–8 min read–||October 14, 2016|
How much does the everyday tool set for SEO specialist cost?
Market is flooded with such tools. Every of them tries to be better than its competitor. That's why many SEO newbies get lost in this diversity and have problems with choosing the appropriate tool set.
Let's look at the list of tools required for common SEO for everyday work:
- Screaming Frog or Netpeak Spider;
- Key Collector;
- Serpstat / Semrush.
Depending on your goals more tools may be required:
Screaming frog has a great set of functions that wins over every SEO specialist. It finds different technical errors. A new 6.0 version was released on 21 July, here is a list of changes:
- Configurable Columns & Ordering added
- XML Sitemap & Sitemap Index Crawling added
- rel="next" and rel="prev" elements now crawled
- Updated SERP Snippet Emulator
Netpeak Software released a new Netpeak Spider 2.1.1 update several weeks ago.
Using this soft you can:
- identify key internal optimization errors and successfully carry out SEO-audite of the site;
- adjust the flexible scanning rules and use different modes of operation: over the entire site, the URL list or the XML Sitemap;
- see how the internal linking is set up to be able to improve it.
Ahrefs allows you to collect the keywords, analyze backlinks and competitors. However, some operations are easier to be carried out in Serpstat or Semrush. For example, their keywords' bases are better and search engine analytics' functionality is wider, so Ahrefs is not ideal option for semantics' collecting.
It is geared for backlinks' analysis that's why it's slightly worse in depth of analysis than two other tools.
Many users are dissatisfied with the fact that Ahrefs shows the frequency and CPC starting with Professional plan that costs $179 / month. It's too expensive for many newbies. There is nothing to do without frequency, otherwise you risk turning the base of keywords to the dictionary.
- add missing tags;
- create titles, meta descriptions and other HTML tags that will be understandable to users and search engines;
- fix corrupted images and add them to the «alt» attribute;
- find duplicate content;
- analyze server response codes.
Similarweb is a great tool for determining the monthly traffic level and its sources. This service provides extensive list of data for free, enhanced capacity cost about $200 a month:
Buzzsumo allows you to:
- track the number of shares in popular social networks;
- identify current trends;
- check the quality of the content and backlinks.
The monthly access costs $99:
The latest updates brought:
- cooperation of Semrush and Seoquake;
- a possibility to export analytics on social networks;
- an opportunity to obtain data on users' behavior from Google Analytics.
Serpstat underwent a lot of changes. A global platform upgrade took place on 1 August and Serpstat turned to All-In-One SEO Platform.
Here is the list of blocks that were added:
- Backlink analysis— backlinks growth, anchor and donor domains' analyst;
- Rank Tracker— top 100 analysis, the history of position changes for certain keywords, competitor analysis as to the traffic ratio;
- Site Audit— a full technical analysis, ranging from the determination of site /redirect pages' response codes and ending with the speed of pages' loading and meta tags.
Your choice depends on your needs.
For experts (additional to newbies' set):
Professionals will pony up additional $3000 — $5000 per year ($250-$420 per month) for Similarweb and Buzzsumo.
What are the advantages of using Netpeak Spider against other SEO tools?
Keira from Netpeak Software
Netpeak Spider is a desktop tool, which checks 50+ key on page SEO parameters of crawled URLs, plus it calculates internal PageRank. In Netpeak Spider you can select the crawling parameters, which allow to increase the crawling speed. It supports several crawling modes such as “Entire Website”, “List of URLs”, “XML Sitemap”. Also you are able to change your indexation settings, user agent, proxy or limit your crawl. Clear interface provides “The Overview” which allows to look at special status codes. Furthermore, you can filter and export data in CSV and Excel.
Feel free to contact us if you have any other questions, we’ll be glad to answer or try our 14-day free trial to explore more advantages.