Do you need to fill the keywords meta tag and how to use it
What is meta keywords
The SEO specialists used this feature for their own benefit; they tried to enter a lot of keywords. Often the keys specified in meta keywords didn't match the content of the page.
As a result of overusing keywords, the meaning of the tag is completely lost. The tag wasn't a useful signal when ranking websites, which affected the reputation of the search engines themselves.
Soon, search algorithms started to apply sanctions to websites for the excessive use of keywords. If the algorithm found many non-related keys in the keywords tag on the page, the page dropped down in the search results and was subject to sanctions.
The syntax for the keywords meta tag looks like this:
Should meta keywords be used for SEO promotion in 2019?
How to fill the keywords meta tag in 2019
Filling rules for keywords
How to quickly fill in meta keywords for SEO
In Joomla, you can do the same:
- go to the database through the hosting panel and add the script:
- make changes to the admin/controller/catalog/information.php file after the line 270:
- add a section of code to the file admin/view/template/catalog/information_form.tpl:
- add the following code in the file admin/model/catalog/information.php after line 147:
- add the following in the file admin/language/english/catalog/information.php after line 14
You need to write a list of high-frequency queries in one field and click Enter. After that, you will see a new list of low-frequency keywords that can be distributed on different pages.
Google believes that keywords meta tag is not required, therefore, the search engine doesn't analyze it.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)