|Marketing||– 8 min read –||October 24, 2016|
5 Tips To Create An Effective Email
You may create a layout once and then just change its content, it'll strongly save your time. It's naturally that your style may be improved after a while, although try to think carefully about your design from the very beginning.
Logo should be the first that person sees after opening your email. We created a background image, placed our logo on it and stretched it over the entire width. Here is what we got:
You should fill the entire area of email with any particular color or paint the area around the selected frame.
As you can see, we chose the second variant:
As to font's highlighting, remember that there is no need to use more than 3. The less you contrive a variety of colors and fonts, the better. Here is the standard scheme:
- One for the header or greeting
- The second is for the text
- Third ー if you need to identify something and put a link
In the first article we wonder if tags are too oldschool to care about, that's why I've chosen screenshot from Titanic cause it's a real oldschool.
In the second article we told about how we screwed up while uniting two Facebook pages into one. For this article I've chosen a well-known screen from Shutter Island.
The third article is about the sum of money that SEO specialist pony ups for everyday SEO tool set. Here the screen from Wolf from Wall Street fits.
- first of all, the alt tag for the header image also serves as a preview of the letter
- in case the image doesn't load properly, user can see the alternative description of this image
- in case you use the image with the attached link and the email service of your client hasn't verified your email, the receiver won't even see your image. Through alt tag the receiver will know where this link goes to. I usually copy the text I have on image (the article title) to alt tag.
Here are 4 tips to create a correct button:
- button height should vary from 40 to 50 pixels;
- its color should fit a corporate style;
- leave a little space around the button;
- check whether it works on mobile devices
- Use your corporate style in every email
- Mind the borders
- Find your ideal font and font size
- Find images via indirect association method
- Don't use very large pictures and choose .png format
- Don't forget about Alt tag
- Mind the color balance
- Don't forget about social media and CTA buttons
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)