|How-to||– 8 min read –||August 9, 2019|
How to evaluate the traffic potential of the website
Evaluation of the popularity of subjects in search engines
These tools will allow you to get a general forecast of traffic: information about the predicted number of impressions, the number of clicks when raised to the first place in the issuance of the search engine and the seasonal demand for the search phrase. After analyzing the data, we find out what the maximum possible indicators of traffic will be the leader of the subject.
Forecast number of impressions in Google
Trending query popularity in Google Trends
Analyzing the same query "mink coats" for five years, one can see constant seasonal fluctuations in the popularity of the search phrase:
Analysis of potential traffic in Serpstat
Potential traffic in Serpstat is the number of visits to the page by unique users per month while occupying the first positions in the search results for all the phrases for which it is now included in the TOP-20. This parameter is calculated taking into account the current and maximum possible number of visits.
Evaluation of potential traffic for the selected request
To estimate the potential of traffic, go to the "Analysis of key phrases" section of Serpstat, after which we choose SEO analysis. In the beginning, we indicate the search phrase, then we select the search engine and the region. In the tab "Top Pages" we get a list of resources occupying leading positions:
- the number of search phrases that contain the query in question;
- repost pages on Facebook and LinkedIn;
- potential resource traffic.
For all queries containing selected keywords, 34.5 thousand sites are shown. In the final ranking we find our own resource and evaluate its position relative to competitors:
- Market leaders are in the top 10 search results.
- Websites that are in the TOP-100, have a chance at eliminating internal errors and using external optimization quickly enough to improve the position in the issue, increasing traffic.
- If the site is located beyond the TOP-100, then there will be a significant optimization before a sufficient number of clicks on this request.
- If the website is not in the sample, it means that it is new and has not yet been indexed, or the resource is under the search engine filter. In any case, the promotion of the selected phrase will require maximum effort and take a long time.
Analysis of potential traffic website pages
Analysis of information about key phrases
- the keyword phrase by which the domain is ranked in the TOP-100 with the indication of such additional parameters as the presence of pictures, brands, related keywords;
- current position on the phrase and its dynamics;
- phrase frequency (average number of requests per month);
- cost per click in contextual advertising Google AdWords in US dollars;
- competition in PPC - the level of competition in a phrase in contextual advertising, the maximum value is 100%;
- the number of results for this query, issued by a search engine;
- address of the page, outstanding phrase.
Thanks to the results obtained, a realistic resource development plan is drawn up, based on the competitive situation in the market and the potential possibilities of website optimization.
In order to correctly predict website traffic, it is important to pay attention to the following indicators:
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)