|How-to||– 5 min read –||September 2, 2019|
How to set up search engine friendly URLs for image addresses
What is a friendly URL?
Friendly URLs are used when creating an Internet address, not only for web pages but also for images. The purpose is to drive more traffic.
You should configure URLs according to the image title that should correspond to its content.
There is often a mix of characters which is hard to process by robots as well as users. For instance, images on Facebook get this kind of address:
Why images should have friendly URLs
- They facilitate the search for the necessary image;
- they help get a higher ranking in the image search;
- they improve website navigation as in this case, the URL reflects the website structure and shows the way to an image;
- they positively influence the optimization process as they contain keywords.
- the alt attribute;
Configuring friendly URLs for images
How to configure friendly URLs for image addresses
General recommendations on configuring friendly URLs for images
What you shouldn't use in a friendly URL
- in Latin characters;
- manually or via special services.
Search engine robots recognize the image content by its name, alt and title attributes, and the structure of similar images. Keywords in the image URL can slightly affect the flow of free target traffic.
Keep in mind that it is important to avoid unnecessary characters and spaces that do not carry a semantic charge.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)