|How-to||– 8 min read –||August 1, 2019|
How to create a 5XX-error page on a site
When server 5XX-errors appear?
To fix all that, it's better to rollback all the changes. To do this, you need a log file or long webmaster's memory.
Other reasons for 5XX-errors
If you use free hosting, in most cases, you won't be able to view the logs. To solve the problem, you will have to restore the site or find out the factors that caused the crash.
What are server 5XX-errors?
- 500.0 — internal server error.
- 500.11 — application is shutting down on the webserver.
- 500.12 — application is busy restarting on the webserver.
- 500.13 — webserver is too busy.
- 500.15 — direct requests for Global.asax are not allowed.
- 500.19 — configuration data is invalid.
- 500.21 — module not recognized.
- 500.22 — an ASP.NET httpModules configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.
- 500.23 — an ASP.NET httpHandlers configuration does not apply in Managed Pipeline mode.
- 500.50 — a rewrite error occurred during RQ_BEGIN_REQUEST notification handling.
- 500.51 — a rewrite error occurred during GL_PRE_BEGIN_REQUEST notification handling.
- 500.52 — a rewrite error occurred during RQ_SEND_RESPONSE notification handling.
- 500.53 — a rewrite error occurred during RQ_RELEASE_REQUEST_STATE notification handling.
- 500.100 — internal ASP error.
- 503 — service unavailable.
- 504 — gateway Timeout error.
Why should be created a template for these error pages?
To avoid it, we recommend creating error page templates.
How to adjust the error page?
Search for it in the site root directory. If there isn't any, create it. This very file will also help to point out directory access rights. Prescribe there the error codes for which you want to open special pages:
How to decorate the 5XX-error page
To stand out of the crowd and be remembered, you can use various creative descriptions. For example: «Oh no! Cody is sad! Internally sad!».
How to create error page in cPanel
- choose the page that you want to edit:
- use the template code or write it yourself;
- save the changes;
- enter the "File Manager" on the panel home page;
- open public_html folder;
- choose .htaccess and click "Edit";
- write ErrorDocument 500.shtml and save changes.
While decorating the page, think of the content carefully. It can be useful and explaining what happened or be entertaining — including beautiful pictures, animation. Less often, people use interactive type — integrated mini-games and apps.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)