Оставьте заявку и мы проведем для вас персональную демонстрацию сервиса, предоставим пробный период и предложим комфортные условия для старта использования инструмента.
Headless CMS and SEO: 6 Essential Tips to Optimize Website Performance
Disadvantages of a Headless CMS
In this case, one of the biggest drawbacks is the prevalence of customizable integrations. You won’t be able to work with your favorite Yoast or WP Rocket to improve your performance. A standard headless e-commerce solution will make you either build those integrations individually or work with service providers who have those included. Transferring from a classic to a content headless CMS might be challenging since you have to take care of your technical setup in more detail. With traditional systems, a lot of configurations are ready-made and accessible by default.
When Headless Is Better?
It’s wrong to disregard the value of classic content management systems — they aren’t outdated and prone to be replaced by headless alternatives in the nearest future. They will suit small-scale domains without complex content structures and expectations. However, moving to a headless CMS for e-commerce will help you achieve more:
- Headless CMS is your lifesaver when your purpose is to reuse content across multiple channels. This is extremely beneficial for your data consistency and validity while ensuring your brand voice’s unity and steadiness.
- It is an advantageous system to work with supplemental content, enabling you to sufficiently introduce longtail keywords in your on-site data and create well-structured information assets without difficulty.
- What’s more, its impact on your data crawlability and discoverability in SERPs is huge. Since this approach is known for its precision in content modeling, more in-depth product categorization that satisfies the needs of a bigger number of searcher queries is an expected outcome.
- With a headless CMS cloud setup, you can also simplify projects on internationalization. For example, this platform enables you to improve your content model for its further distribution and localization and to directly connect to translation APIs.
- A headless CMS for React is great in terms of connectivity since it can work with any API-friendly interface. It is even possible to create a bond between your site and ChatGPT, letting it assist in generating structured content pieces, descriptions, meta tags, etc.
6 Tips for a Headless SEO Setup
In contrast to a traditional content generation and maintenance scheme, this version can be viewed as a content repository. Not only are all content elements stored here, but it also offers a better hierarchical structure with one entry for several channels and data sources. Now that the basic concept of headless content is explained, it won’t be extra to get a few practical recommendations on implementing and scaling such a system in your work frame.
Tip 1: The Power of Meta Tags
By preparing effective metadata with longtail keywords, you create a flexible fundament for assisting target audiences and search engines in understanding your on-page content. You can improve your CTR and reduce your bounce rate.
To conduct your basic keyword research, use the Serpstat keyword analysis tools. The Search questions report might be beneficial in the search for long-tails:
If you want to generate metadata automatically using keywords from your text, you can employ AI content tools.
Tip 2: Editable URL Slugs
By avoiding numerical URLs, you increase the value of such an element in the eyes of end users. With the right use of headless content, you will end up with something personalized and brand-oriented that establishes a deeper bond with your audience. This will qualitatively distinguish your offer among high-seek pages.
Tip 3: Take Care of Canonical URLs
The more complex data you operate and create, especially in the case of multi-layered internationalization projects, the more important it is to set the right value of the basic on-site elements. Make straightforward requests to your developers, content editors, and other colleagues about the way this part of the website structure should look and work:
- With canonical implementation under consideration, your success requires absolute URLs for both the domain and the protocol.
- Don’t overdo things — one canonical URL per page is enough.
Tip 4: Work on Your XML Sitemap Setup
You will need more time to work on this parameter since you don’t have access to a ready-made solution with a headless CMS like in the illustration below.
To make things simpler for your team, here are some rules to introduce:
- The number of canonical and indexable URLs can’t exceed two hundred.
- Since the data flow in this file is going to be extremely dynamic, you have to determine the desired extent and pace of sitemap updates that work for your needs.
- Experts have to indicate their sitemaps on the robots.txt file if they aren’t going to be in the root.
- Another practice to present more performance and data clarity in a highly customizable headless CMS environment is requesting separate task-oriented sitemaps. They can be designed specifically for news, videos, images, and other types of content on your web.
Tip 5: Opt for a Structured Data
As has already been mentioned, a headless CMS is a perfect tool to mark up your data and gain the desired structure. For instance, that can be the one by schema.org. Whatever you choose, Google’s algorithms are extremely friendly toward this practice overall. You can get started by adding the JSON-LD at field or document levels. To ensure you get the maximum benefit from this functional feature, it is a nice move to set up certain validation rules for structured data markups. Otherwise, there is a risk of breaking Google’s guidelines.
Tip 6: Validate Your Headings’ Hierarchy
Since your view and admin pages are separated in this kind of system, you have to take care of how organized your content is. With a wise choice of a headless CMS, assigning your headlines and their configuration like <h1> or <h2> manually, automatically, or both are possible. The key is ensuring headings qualitatively describe the message in the paragraph below. By confirming your on-site data is well-structured, you boost overall web accessibility.
At the end of the day, the main reason why use a headless CMS boils down to its efficiency in establishing more complex structures on your site, which boosts indexing and crawling directives from search engines. In turn, this helps you increase your platform’s popularity and visibility and enhance customer experience quality and loyalty.
From a headless CMS SEO standpoint, although the tech stack choice doesn’t influence the core search engine optimization principles, each content page will require remodeling. If you are attentive to detail and diligent, your chances to establish strong SEO fundamentals for long-term efficient results improve.
Since you have different working panels for software development and content generation, it makes your performance more straightforward. Unlike traditional systems, which require specialists to be experts in several fields at once, this approach delivers a separate interface for making content available via the target application programming interface for developers to access and do their part of the job.
There are many use cases for this solution. For instance, smooth scaling and up-market security help when your content is distributed across several platforms.
The best headless CMS will come in handy for projects needing more versatile systems that are web-oriented, semi-decoupled, and can be SaaS or hosted.
Discover More SEO Tools
Backlinks checking for any site. Increase the power of your backlink profile
API for SEO
Search big data and get results using SEO API
Competitor Website Analytics
Complete analysis of competitors' websites for SEO and PPC
Keyword Rank Checker
Google Keyword Rankings Checker - gain valuable insights into your website's search engine rankings
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)