|How-to||– 7 min read –||September 24, 2019|
What information should be on the online store website
Information about the company and its product
Information requirements on the company and its products may vary depending on the state where a business entity is registered, however, there are some data that is required by any state to be present on the resource.
Necessary information about the company
- your full name and the entity type (individual entrepreneurship/legal entity) performing the entrepreneurial activity;
- the legal address of the company and the route map are also desirable;
- your landline phone number with the city code aside from mobile phones for contacting the vendor representatives;
- working hours of the online store;
- if your industry requires a license or the state attestation, you should specify the document number, the effective term, its issuance date, and the type of authority that issued the document.
Payment and delivery methods
- an opportunity to pick up an order from the company office or warehouse and its address;
- courier delivery of the store — delivery terms and the price of this service. Free delivery is a great advantage (for example, from a certain order amount);
- third-party mailing and courier companies delivering goods and their terms of providing delivery services;
- all available payment methods — cash on delivery, bank transfer to the company's bank account or by a bank card.
An example of providing brief information about the tariffs and terms for eleven delivery methods available in an online store:
Information about the products
- manufacturer and a country where the product was made;
- full name and the product range;
- product delivery methods, terms, and the price;
- information about the certificates, government standards or other documents certifying the safety and quality of the product;
- stock availability and the effective product price in the state currency;
- warranty period if it is established by the manufacturer;
- for food products — ingredients, nutritional values, the presence of GMO, production date, weight or volume, adverse health conditions;
- the product operational life;
- product defects.
Warranties and product return
Describe the conditions of the return of goods of proper and inadequate quality, non-returnable product categories as well as options for warranty service.
In this example, the site has a countdown timer for each special offer, which shows how much time remains until its end:
Documents regulating the relationship of the vendor and the buyer
Public offer contract
Specify in the public offer contract which action of the buyer will be considered as the acceptance — placing an order or a payment for it. Also put down the conditions of placing an order and acceptance of the order by the seller, the procedure for returning and exchanging the goods in the public offer. The established conditions must not contradict the current legislation.
Processing and storage of personal data
- information about the online store, its legal status, and the address;
- licenses, certificates, accreditation documents if required by the online store sector;
- comprehensive and genuine information about the products;
- the terms of returning products and warranty service;
- information on the delivery and payment methods;
- special offers and their effective dates;
- purchasing on credit and its terms;
- personal data protection policy.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)