How to optimize the nesting level of pages on the website
What is the nesting level of pages
Why are nesting levels important for web robots
- The main page is considered a root level. It has the most weight.
- Documents, one click away from the main page. They have medium importance.
- Sections, two clicks away from the main page. Links on them are located on the web-pages with the nesting level of 2. Differ by the lower importance.
- Page with the nesting level >3. It has minimal importance as compared with the previous ones.
How to estimate the nesting level of pages on the website
Web robots are less loyal to the longer URL. Usually, these documents can, in the end, be left unscanned. But if this URL will be in the site map, it will be scanned normally.
How to adjust and optimize the nesting level on the website
If the information hides further, search engines will think that the resource is too complicated in its structure plan for visitors. This will influence its position on the search results.
Exceptions meant in terms of large websites and online-shops, where such structure is necessary. In this case, the resource owners are saved by the website map, which is located on the site itself (HTML) and in the core folder (XML). The map helps the robot to locate and index even those documents, which are hidden very deep.
Advice on the nesting level adjustment
- high-frequency keys - on the main page;
- medium-frequency keys - on the pages of second level;
- low-frequency keys - on the pages with the nesting level of three or more.
Make pages with the maximum nesting level at three. Such a resource will like the visitors and web robots.
If you cannot create a website with documents with a nesting level of >4, then carefully think through the structure, fixing it in the website map. Also, use the posting in social media with links to deep site pages for an additional method of promotion.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)