How to find new keywords and expand semantics
Types of queries in the semantic core
Example of commercial query:
- high-frequency queries are the most competitive and are most popular among users. It's the most difficult to get to the TOP results in the organic search, but they can attract the most traffic to the website.In contextual advertising, such keywords are usually more expensive than low-frequent ones, and PPC can be quite expensive;
- mid-frequency queries are less popular and are easier to promote. In case with an online store, such keywords should be used for the names of product categories or subcategories, as well as added to contextual advertising (the same is for high-frequency queries;
- low-frequency queries are keywords that are most rarely used by users. You can get pretty much traffic using many low-frequency keywords on the website. The advantage of such queries lies in easy promotion and higher average conversion compared to mid-frequency ones.
Google contextual advertising won't display ads for extremely rare requests and, thus, gain the status of "Few requests".
Google Keyword Selection
Keyword selection in Google Adwords
- you can add up to ten source keywords to find new options;
- viewing and downloading popular keywords is available;
- the system groups keywords by topic so that it's more convenient to add them to ad groups;
- you can add and save your favorite keywords to an existing campaign;
- you get recommendations for setting a daily budget that includes the maximum cost-per-click and expected cost;
- detailed keyword performance information is available in the competitiveness column.
Keyword selection in the Google Search Console
Information about queries and impressions is available in the Performance section. This data can also be downloaded:
Keyword Selection in Serpstat
The report uses the "Communication Strength" parameter, indicating how many URLs match the analyzed phrase and the query from the report. For example, with a communication strength of five, a given pair of requests has five common URLs in the TOP-20 of search results.
After collecting additional keywords, you can use another module called "Search Suggestions":
Additional services for keyword selection
You can collect keywords for Google using the Keyword Planner, Google Search Console, Serpstat and other services.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)