|SEO||– 7 min read –||December 8, 2016|
10 Tips to Help You Promote on YouTube
1. Create the channel trailer
- Be brief, 30-second video is quite enough;
- Put call to action (ask viewers to subscribe and add annotations)
- Be bright and catchy
2. Write an informative channel description
- it should be informative and catchy;
- put the most important info at the beginning;
- add call to action (subscribe to your channel here);
- Include links to your social media/website.
3. Add relevant tags
- Put the most important at the beginning, it's considered that Youtube values the first ones the most;
- Write clear and easy tags. Imagine that you're searching for this video and try to write those keywords that come into your mind;
- Add relevant tags.Youtube values "watch time" metric much more than the number of views, so that if you put some popular, but irrelevant tag and thus receive lots of views, your video won't become top one anyway. People will close it in several seconds.
4. Organize your videos into playlists
5. Share a playlist URL, not a video one
6. Add the custom video thumbnails
7. Don't bother with renaming your videos before uploading them to the channel
8. Set a permanent caption
- website's main page;
- social networks;
- important and useful website's pages;
9. Mind call to action
Direct mentions. The speaker can ask his viewers to do some action and show the position of the button he/she wants you to click on.
Annotations. Annotations are special elements that allow you to layer text, links, and hotspots over your video. They help you enrich the video experience by adding information, interactivity, and engagement. Don't add too many annotations, make some of them temporary and choose different "start and end time" so that no more than 2 annotations are displayed at ерк same time. At the screenshot below you can see 3 different annotations:
- subscribe button, which pops up when our speaker asks for subscription;
- and our logo that leads to our YouTube main page. This annotation is permanent.
10. Use featured video option
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)