|Marketing||– 14 min read|
Оставьте заявку и мы проведем для вас персональную демонстрацию сервиса, предоставим пробный период и предложим комфортные условия для старта использования инструмента.
Intent Marketing: How the Sales Funnel Has Changed
What Is Intent Marketing?
Intent marketing is a strategy that enables businesses to produce individualized, relevant content that satisfies customers' demands by using data and analytics to understand user intent.
With the help of intent marketing, companies can deliver relevant content to customers at every stage of the sales funnel, from awareness to assessment to decision-making, by determining their intent. Since the content matches the potential customers' intent, it is more likely to result in conversions.
Intent marketing largely relies on technologies like pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, content marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization (SEO), and content marketing to reach and engage with clients at various stages of the buying journey. The goal is to provide customers with relevant and helpful information that will guide them through the marketing funnel, from awareness to interest to purchase.
What Is User Intent?
User intent is also known as search intent. As the name implies, it refers to the reason or purpose behind a user's search query on a search engine. User intent is the primary objective, answer, or goal the user wants to achieve when searching for a particular keyword or phrase.
User intent varies from person to person and may alter during the buyer journey. The search engine's algorithms try to understand the user's intent behind the query and return the most relevant and useful results to fulfill the user's objective. This understanding helps businesses achieve higher conversion rates.
The main advantages of understanding search intent are that you can:
- Improve your search engine ranking by showing search engines that your content is relevant to the readers.
- Understand the search intent that will help you evaluate users' needs and intent. It enables you to create content that fulfills those needs.
- Build a more successful content strategy by choosing keywords matching your target audience's intent.
What Are The Main Types Of User Intent?
How To Leverage The Marketing Funnel?
To leverage intent marketing for your business, you need to take a strategic approach that incorporates the latest trends and technologies. We are going to explain this in a simple manner.
- At the top of the funnel, you need to create awareness and interest in people through channels such as TV commercials, social media campaigns, print advertisements, and influencer marketing. These ads and campaigns should promote the unique features and benefits of the product/services and create an emotional bond with potential buyers.
- In the middle of the funnel, you must focus on consideration and evaluation by highlighting the product specifications. You can also offer free trials, product demos, and testimonials to help customers evaluate how the product performs and whether it suits the users.
- At the bottom of the funnel, you need to offer various payment options and after-sales services such as warranties, feedback, and customer support. This step creates customer loyalty and encourages repetitive purchases and referrals.
Samsung's effective use of the marketing funnel has helped the company generate significant revenue from the premium phone models, maintain customer loyalty, and enhance the brand's reputation.
You can also leverage these and other intent marketing strategies to create a more personalized and engaging experience for your audience, which will help you increase conversions and brand loyalty.
Now There’s A New Sales Funnel
The new sales funnel includes several steps that focus on the customer's needs and interests. The 5 stages of the marketing funnel are:
Intent Marketing Vs. Traditional Marketing: Completely Different Approaches
The traditional sales funnel was formerly a straightforward procedure that started directly from consumer awareness and ended on purchase.
Intent marketing aims to attract and convert high-intent customers by generating customized content that aligns with the users' needs and intent. It involves tracking the buyer's online behavior, preferences, and actions to determine their wants and provide tailored solutions.
Traditional marketing, on the other hand, involves creating marketing campaigns designed to reach a vast audience. This type of marketing includes printed ads, television commercials, newspaper ads, billboards, etc. The goal of traditional marketing was to create brand awareness and generate leads.
However, the modern sales funnel has grown more intricate and dynamic as the need for tailored content is higher than ever. Moreover, the new marketing funnel uses intent marketing to focus on bonding with the customers, interacting with them across multiple platforms, and delivering personalized content at each level. If you’re doing this well, you’re also following up with those customers to continue the relationship.
What Strategies Can You Use To Determine Marketing Intent?
You can use several strategies to determine the marketing intent of your target audience. Some of the most important ones are:
- Determining your target audience. First, you need to define and understand your target audience — understanding your audience's behaviors, demographics, and preferences is vital for creating personalized experiences that resonate with them. You can use customer data and analytics to identify your target audience.
- Take a deep dive into website analytics. Website analytics include the scroll-through rate, number of visitors on your website, time on page, etc. These analytics help you understand the user intent and optimize your website to better serve the users' needs.
- Identifying and using keywords. SEO keywords help determine the marketing intent by providing knowledge about user search queries. By analyzing the keywords that potential customers use in their search queries, you can understand the customers' needs, pain points, and desires. This knowledge can help you tailor the marketing strategies to match the search intent of your target audience.
- Conducting surveys. You can gather feedback from existing customers and understand how the products worked out for them. This information helps you maintain or improve the current services. Moreover, doing surveys and collecting feedback also builds a positive image in the eyes of the people.
- Creating personalized content. Creating personalized content can help determine the marketing intent by analyzing how users engage with it. By tracking how individuals interact with different types of content, you can get a better idea of a user's interests. Moreover, personalized content promotes trust, as the users feel like you value their opinion. It can enhance user engagement and conversion rates.
- Using targeted advertising. You can use targeted advertising to reach your ideal audience. Targeted advertising aims to understand the users' intent and behavior patterns by tracking their past searches. Use platforms like Google Ads and Facebook Ads to target your audience with relevant ads.
- Using social media platforms. Social media is a powerful tool for intent marketing. Various information and insights on user activity, demographics, and hobbies are available on social media sites, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter. Businesses can better identify their target market and adjust their communications to suit user intentions by utilizing the data from social media sites.
In conclusion, by putting the client at the core of the process, intent marketing has completely transformed the traditional sales funnel. Businesses can create tailored, hyper-relevant experiences that resonate with their target audience by knowing their requirements, preferences, and intent.
Digital technologies have given consumers more influence over the purchasing process, making the old concept of broadcasting messages to a large audience obsolete. Instead, companies need to engage in a two-way dialogue with their clients, using data and insights to inform choices.
We have discussed in detail how the marketing funnel has changed with the passage of time and what strategies help you top the new marketing funnel. We also have shared with you the different stages of the marketing funnel and where the user stands in all these stages.
By correctly embracing and following intent marketing, you can improve customer satisfaction, increase engagement, and drive conversions, resulting in long-term success.
You well may need to change your practices as technology continues to evolve. Stay agile and opt for improved marketing strategies to meet the changing demands of your customers. Those who prioritize the customer experience and understand the importance of intent marketing will be the ones who thrive in the years to come.
Discover More SEO Tools
Domain Analysis Tools
SEO Domain Analysis – gain insights into your website's strengths and weaknesses
URL Inspection Tool
Uncover hidden SEO opportunities with our powerful URL Inspection Tool
Keyword Rank Checker
Google Keyword Rankings Checker – gain valuable insights into your website's search engine rankings
Competitor Website Analytics
Complete analysis of competitors' websites for SEO and PPC
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)