|News||– 14 min read –||February 11, 2019|
Successful Keyword Mapping In 5 Easy Steps: How To Create A Site Structure With Our Clustering Tool
What is keyword mapping?
How do you create a keyword map?
Preparing for keyword mapping: briefly about the keyword research
By the way, you have an excellent opportunity to simultaneously analyze multiple domains, URLs, and keywords with the help of the API. You can learn more in our API guide.
Creating a website structure
Completing and expanding the page structure
Don't forget to think about keywords for the tag and filter pages. For example, there are such filter characteristics for the category Notebooks in my online shop:
- operating system
- screen resolution
- screen size
- other features.
The well-known SEO rule states that a page should be optimized for a specific keyword. For this reason, be aware that you shouldn't mix commercial and informational search queries. If you doubt which keywords are best for a page, use the Serpstat Tree view option to examine the competitor's website structure with keywords. Or google this keyword and analyze SERPs so that you can immediately find out for which search terms a specific page appears in search results.
For example, while clustering, I found that there are a lot of search queries associated with gaming notebooks. Although this category was not intended, I can do additional keyword research and expand the previous keyword list. You should pay special attention to the Related Keywords section, which is an important source of LSI semantics.
- how well the chosen keywords of the analyzed pages fit
- what is the relationship between keywords in the group.
- how important are keywords in title, description and body text
- how popular is the particular keyword among competitors
- whether the keywords on the page are present.
- whether the length of the text corresponds to the average added value
- whether related technical errors have occurred on the page.
- keywords that should be used in the title and description tags, headlines, and text
- mandatory text length
- further recommendations for improvement if the page already exist.
So to do the keyword mapping, follow the instructions:
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)