How to arrange a product card in the online store
Rules for issuing a product card
Competently executed product card should take into account many nuances that affect the user's decision to purchase. Pay special attention to the product description and the use of media content.
Completeness of the information
If the product specificity requires a longer description, the volume is substantially increased, to provide information about all the characteristics and features of the product. For clarity, below is a fragment description soundbar from the online store:
● manufacturer — country, company, brand;
● full name, model, nomenclature;
● technical characteristics — for electrical products and household appliances;
● product size — all the data that is needed, based on the characteristics of the product. For clothes and shoes — the size in various international systems, the length, width of the product;
● material or composition of which the product is made, the features of its operation;
● availability of goods in other colors. If the site does not implement the ability to select colors from the drop-down list on one page, then provide links to the same products of other colors;
● terms of payment, delivery, return and exchange of goods;
● certificates for the products;
● availability of warranty service.
Requirements for the texts
Use a unique selling proposition in the texts, convincing the visitor that this online store has the best purchase conditions. This may be a low promotional price, fast free shipping and expert advice on products, favorable conditions for warranty service and bonus programs.
This example shows the specified price guarantee, displayed positive feedback, delivery time:
For customers, video reviews showing the characteristics of the product use are also important. For this purpose, you can create a YouTube channel in which information about the product will be interestingly presented, or use the video of the manufacturer:
Additional functionality of the online store
● "Breadcrumbs" for each card — the path to the product through categories and subcategories, which will allow the client to easily return to the desired section of the site:
● Related products — a block with recommendations to purchase other products in addition to the product. Protective glass to the phone, batteries for the electronic toy, a bag for a laptop or accessories to the dress. Discounts on the purchase of such kits have a positive effect:
● List of previously viewed products — the users, after switching to other products, often want to return to the products that were previously viewed.
● Product comparison function is a convenient option to assist in the selection of electronics and home appliances, which have many technical characteristics.
● "Share" button in the mobile version of the site, which allows you to send a product card using a social network and instant messenger, is a good option to increase conversion due to product recommendations made by clients for friends and family.
Ways to interact with customers
● Pay attention to the product card design — the button "Buy" should be large and contrast in color, and make the ordering process as simple and fast as possible.
● Considering that not all visitors are set to purchase a particular product, there is a way to increase the price of their purchase: the placement of the product up-sell — a block of more expensive models.
● Use personalization — when returning to the customer website who has already made a purchase, consider the information about this product. For example, if a customer purchased an electric furnace, offer him a set of baking molds when he visits.
If you do not have the resources to deal with the design of the cards manually, and there is no possibility to create an automated system — use ready-made solutions for CMS.
For example, in Joomla you can create an online store using extensions Virtuemart and JoomShopping plugin created for WordPress WooCommerce. In CMS OpenCart, the product card is issued directly in the admin panel, but if you lack the basic functionality, there are also special modules.
Checking the effectiveness of commodity cards
- Satisfaction. Is all the necessary information about the product and the process of its purchase, both in text and visual formats, made?
- Trust. Does the online store inspire confidence, convincing that it has safe payment terms and high-quality goods?
- Motivation. Is there a pronounced call to action, prompting to make a purchase right here and now?
A / B testing
The control group "A" shows the original version of the website, and the modified version is tested on the group "B". Then the obtained results are analyzed in both groups, and the decision is made on the expediency of the planned changes.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Speed up your search marketing growth with Serpstat!
Keyword and backlink opportunities, competitors' online strategy, daily rankings and SEO-related issues.
A pack of tools for reducing your time on SEO tasks.
Cases, life hacks, researches, and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries! Our editor will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)