In the Keywords section you will be suggested to select one of the existing projects or create a new one by clicking the Add new project button.
Enter a domain name, project name and group name (the last field is optional), and click on Create.
The service will redirect you to the List of projects → Rank Tracker section. Make the necessary settings to start tracking rankings.
The first step to tracking:
- Enter the domain name.
- Enter aliases if you want to track your site satellite, or a specific section of the site (for example, a blog).
- Add competitors to track their rankings (if necessary).
- Configure the necessary schedule.
- Select the time zone.
- Go to the "Search regions".
On step 2 you need to specify the search engine, type of device and search results, country, region, city in which you want to track rankings and language. With Serpstat you can select several search engines, types of search results and regions. You can deactivate region in case if you don't want to collect data right now. All historical data will be saved and available.
On step 3 you need to specify keywords for which you want to track domain rankings. For this do the following:
- Add keywords in a way convenient for you: either enter them manually or import the list from a file (csv or txt). Please note that each keyword should come on a new line;
- Add tags to the keyword groups to help sort the finished report (the filter will be available immediately after adding phrases);
- Assign a target URL to track keywords;
- Click "Add".
In the Keywords report of the Rank tracker section, you can switch between domains, regions, types of results and keyword groups by tags within a single project. You can immediately go to the project settings by clicking Settings.
The keyword distribution by ranges is a graph that shows how many keywords of a domain occupy certain rankings in the top 20 search results depending on the total number of keywords. The following indicators are also presented for keywords:
- All keywords: the total number of keywords from the tracker that are in top-100 Google or top-50 Yandex.
- Without changes: the number of keywords for which the domain has remained at the same ranking since the last tracking.
- Positions up: the number of keywords by which the domain has increased in the search results since the last tracking.
- Positions down: the total number of keywords for which domain rankings have worsened.
- Get in: the total number of keywords by which the domain hit the top rank.
- Get out: the number of keywords by which the domain dropped out from the top rank.
- Out top: the total number of keywords for which the domain is not in top-100 Google or top-50 Yandex.
You can add new keywords for tracking or filter already tracked keywords by frequency and domain position in the same report. The date selection button allows you to compare rank data for the desired period of time in the same report.
- Positions: the domain position for the keyword at the time the position was last updated.
- Volume: the frequency of the keyword for the month in the selected country or city.
- Position dynamics and keyword storm: a visualized history of a domain’s position change in a keyword and a change in the top 100 rankings in a keyword in respect to the previous date.
- Snippets: Title, URL, and Description the snippet.
Click on the chart to view more details.
Find out the competitor’s position by the same keywords by selecting the competitor from the list at the top of the page.
The report can be exported in two formats: CSV and XLSX.
Go to SERP History to get all the top results by a keyword.
The report allows you to easily understand what has happened with the search results. It shows the breakdown dates, domains and their positions. At the same time, you can see all the positions of the domain, whether it was displayed several times in the search, and not just the highest rank like in other reports.
The Cashed SERP button allows you to see the page issuance by a keyword.