Collect keywords that users use to search for your product and create contextual ads that generate more conversions.
Analysis of PPC and ads
Competitors in PPC advertising
Compile a complete list of PPC competitors to review their approaches and come up with the best ideas to implement in your own PPC campaigns.
Keyword Analysis for PPC
Analysis of advertisements
Use the online ad analysis option to find examples of ads that the search domain is using.
Pages analysis in advertising by domain
Using the Landing Pages report in PPC, you can find out which pages your advertisements are pointing to, as well as the exact number of ads for each page. The data is displayed in the form of a rating, so you will instantly receive information about the competitor's sales trends by simply entering the required domain in the search bar.
Tasks That Can Be Solved Using Serpstat Domain Analysis
Serpstat Key Benefits
Build high converting PPC campaigns with objective data analytics tools
More about PPC analysis
FAQ. Common questions about PPC analysis
1. How to analyze competitors' contextual advertising?
In order to analyze the competitors’ PPC you should firstly pay attention to such parameters as:
- the number of competitors;
- the level of competitor recognition;
- semantics used by competitors;
- positions occupied by competitors in the search results;
- range of goods or services;
- remarketing its presence or absence;
- targeting: what audience the ad is targeting.
After you have evaluated the niche according to these parameters, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Determine how saturated the market is Enter your top keywords in the Serpstat search box to see how popular the query is. The more often it is used, the higher its popularity and, accordingly, the cost per click. With the help of Keyword Analysis for PPC reports, you will avoid manual analysis and get ready-made data on frequency, cost per click, keyword position in the top 100 Google and other parameters that are important for setting up an effective advertising campaign.
- Step 2. Check your competitors' ads Pay attention to the types of ads, their position in the search results, the quality of copywriting and creatives and the level of visibility of ads to search engines. For this analysis, you can use the Serpstat Ads Analysis report. It will provide you with a ready-made selection of ads for a specific keyword and you will be able to evaluate all of the above parameters in one click.
- Step 3. Analyze your competitors' landing pages For an ad to rank well, it is important that the ad content matches the landing page theme it is linking to. The CTR also depends on this. Check the match between page content and competitors' ads using the Serpstat PPC Landing Pages report. Get a ready-made list of landing pages, as well as a list of keywords for which they rank in PPC advertising.
- Step 4. Identify competitors' weaknesses Evaluate all the information that you received from the analysis of the previous points. Highlight the parameters where your PPC strategy is more effective and reinforce the necessary points to gain an edge over your niche competitors. Use the summary report in the Domain Analysis tool to obtain a visual representation of both your domains and competing domains.
2. What should be considered when analyzing an ad campaign?
When analyzing an advertising campaign, consider the following:
- Communicative efficiency. This parameter displays the size of the audience that the ad is targeting. Within this parameter, the following should be assessed:
- quality of advertising delivery (message, form, location);
- memorability of key information (whether the target audience will be able to remember the basic information after viewing the advertisement);
- the influence of an advertisement (the level of motivation to buy a product / service after viewing an advertisement);
- formation of opinions and creation of associations;
- ability to attract attention (whether the consumer is ready to click on the ad and view / read it to the end).
- However, to assess financial performance, attention should be paid to:
- sales dynamics (growth or decline in sales after launching an advertising campaign),
- the relationship between profit and cost of an advertising campaign.
3.Why is contextual advertising analysis useful?
Contextual advertising analysis should be carried out in order to determine whether a campaign fulfills its function of increasing website traffic and sales. The analysis will allow you to adjust the PPC strategy in time, based on the results and goals.
If you don't analyze contextual advertising, then the budget spent on it may not pay off. On average, PPC results should be assessed no later than one month after launch.
When it comes to analyzing competitors' PPC ads, the benefit is that you can find interesting and effective ad examples and then incorporate them into your campaign. At the same time, you can find the weaknesses of competitors' strategies and use this information to your own advantage.
4. How to determine the budget of competitors?
In order to determine the budget of competitors for contextual advertising, you should use special services for analytics. Serpstat service will help you to collect approximate data on the cost of promoting ads for a specific domain. In order to do this, you need to follow these steps:
- Enter the required domain in the search box;
- Select the Domain Analysis tool, then go to the PPC Analysis section;
- Click on the Keywords for PPC report;
- In the open report you will see data on the number of ads and cost per click.
Based on this data, you can get an approximate indication of the competitor's budget. According to the results of the analysis, a decision should be made as to whether:
- it is worth to spend resources on a PPC campaign, or better focus on SEO promotion;
- it makes sense to invest in promoting high-frequency queries, or whether it is better to choose promising low-frequency ones.
5. How to analyze contextual advertising using Serpstat?
To analyze PPC ads, follow these steps:
- Enter the domain to be analyzed in the search box on the main Serpstat page, select the appropriate search engine - Google or Yandex, then select the region of interest and click the "Search" button.
- In the open Summary report, evaluate all the indicators of your project: keywords for PPC, keyword distribution by position, competitors in search results and in context, examples of advertisements, and others.
- If necessary, click on the name of the required indicator to get expanded data.
- Download the data in any suitable format for further use in the project.