What is keyword databases
Evaluate data quality and the size of the Serpstat database in your region: 230 Google databases and 14 Yandex databases in one tool.
Try the keyword research tool now.
What is a keyword database?
What are search query databases designed for?
Advantages and disadvantages of keyword databases
What are the online keyword databases?
The best option in terms of keyword quality, price and ease of use is the Serpstat multifunctional SEO platform: 5.2 billion keywords in 230 Google online databases and 14 Yandex databases. Data can be segmented using the built-in filter by a number of SEO and PPC parameters, which greatly expedites the collection of the semantic core.
Here are some of the parameters that can be used:
Tasks that can be solved using the Serpstat online keyword database
Selection and analysis of effective semantic core, that excludes junk search queries to compile an extensive and effective semantic core.
Comparison of competitors' semantic core to find missing keywords used by competitors. The obtained semantic core can incorporated into your project in order to increase ranking and traffic.
Getting access to 230 databases of Google keywords and 14 Yandex databases, which makes it possible to promote SEO and PPC projects for any region of the world.
Learn more about the features of the SEO and PPC tool in the free 30-minute demo.
Serpstat: online keywords database for collecting and analyzing semantic core
FAQ: Common questions about keyword research using offline and online services
1. Why is an online keyword database better than offline?
Offline keywords databases are those databases that are stored in Excel tables and are collected manually by specialists using specialized tools.
Online databases are stored in an online service, and data for them is automatically collected by search engines.
Online databases are more convenient for working with semantic core for a number of reasons:
- Databases are automatically updated at regular intervals . This allows users to receive the most up to date data on the desired parameters.
- The databases contain not only keywords, but also reliable data on frequency, visibility, traffic, cost per click. Using this data, you can easily an effective semantic core for any project.
- Some of the indicators that are stored in the database are calculated for you within the platform: visibility, traffic, cost, level of competition, cost per click, number of keywords, etc.
- Online databases are part of online services, so the user can get a number of additional benefits : help from specialists, access to training materials, the ability to use a referral program, etc.
2. How often are Serpstat databases updated?
Serpstat databases are regularly updated to ensure that the service provides users with up-to-date data.
- Data in SEO and PPC blocks on project dashboards is updated every 2-3 weeks. At the same time, the visibility indicator is updated in the summary report of the Domain Analysis section.
- The frequency indicator in the Keyword Analysis and Site Analysis sections is updated at different intervals: high-frequency keywords are updated once a month, and updates for low-frequency keywords can take up to 3 months.
- Updates of the Total Traffic indicator occur every 2-3 weeks.
3. How are Serpstat keyword databases cleaned?
In order to provide users with junk-free databases, the Serpstat team created an algorithm for cleaning the database from "implicit synonyms". After cleaning, the reports show only those keywords that users really intended to enter in the search box: without misspelled keywords.
At the moment, the following databases have been cleared of junk queries:
- Google RU (Russia)
- Google UA (Ukraine)
- Google KZ (Kazakhstan)
- Google AU (Australia)
- Google CA (Canada)
- Google DE (Germany)
- Google ES (Spain))
- Google IT (Italy)
- Google SE (Sweden)
- Google UK (United Kingdom)
- Google US (United States) — English.
The remaining databases are in the process of being cleaned up, as the Serpstat team plans to ultimately clear 230 Google databases.
As a result of cleaning:
- The algorithm for counting traffic by domains has improved: it no longer takes into account junk queries and is closer to real indicators.
- The reports display qualitatively selected keywords.
- The speed of loading reports has increased, and the work of filters has accelerated.