Use Serpstat tools to crawl competitors' keywords, easily group keywords based on page content, and get ready-made statements of work for copywriters.
How to optimize texts for keywords queries
Search for keywords by page topic
Use Serpstat's Keyword Selection Tool to easily get a list of all the keyword variations used by domains that rank in the Google Top 100. Along with the keywords, you will obtain data on the difficulty, frequency, cost, competition in PPC, and the number of shares for a given keyword in social networks.
Use the Keyword Selection tool to quickly find all the keywords related to your topic, then integrate them into your project and get to the top of Google results.
Collecting Related Keywords
Collect search suggestions and questions
Use Search Suggestions and Search Questions to make your site more visible to search engines and users.
The Search Suggestions report deals with the most popular keywords that search engines suggest along with the keyword you are looking for. Use them to broaden the semantic core of your site.
Analyze texts of online competitors'
Use this data to track niche trends and create improved versions of the competitors' pages.
Unload missing keywords
Cluster collected keywords
Launch Text Analytics
Use the Text Analytics tool:
Add missing keywords
Tasks that can be solved by conducting SEO-text analytics
Serpstat Key Benefits
Learn more about the power of SEO tools by signing up for a free 30 minute consultation.
Get clear suggestions for text optimization and achieve top rankings
FAQ. Common Questions About SEO Text Optimization
1. What is SEO text optimization?
- Online SEO text optimization is the process of making changes to the text that will help search bots to more easily find a site and show it to users more often. The optimized text should be contained l within the user's queries; it applies keywords to help users find this text in search engines.
- The frequency of mentioned keywords should be no more than 4-5% of the total word count.
- SEO-optimized text should be optimized for length: about 2500 characters without spaces, on average. A text length of 500 characters would be too short for the search engine to correctly identify the context of the page as it relates to the user’s search query ,while a length of more than 5,000 characters would increase the complexity of the text and increase its reading difficulty.
- The SEO text nausea score reflects the frequency of using a particular word. It should be no higher than the frequency of mentioned keywords.
In order to analyze the text for SEO parameters (uniqueness, water content, academic nausea, spamming), you can use special tools, for example, the text.ru service, and to analyze the content of both your and competitor’s sites use Serpstat's Text Analytics.
2. How to do SEO text optimization?
SEO text optimization on the site will make it more visible to users in search engines. In order to carry out SEO text optimization, follow these steps:
- Collect and integrate keywords using a specialized tool like Serpstat. It is advisable to do this before writing the text: this is easier than writing keywords into ready-made content. Then distribute the keywords throughout the text so that the content reads naturally. For example, it is almost impossible to write the keywords “Buy Kiev sneakers” into the text so that it looks natural. The use of keywords should not compromise the readability of the text.
- Create a block of questions and answers. You can take the zero position in Google by writing short and comprehensive answers to specific questions on the page. Usually, these are questions containing the words “who”, “when”, “how”, “where”, “why”, etc. Since Google crawls the answers directly from the text, there is a chance that it will choose your page for such a snippet.
- Format your text correctly. Use subheadings H1-H6, create bulleted lists, divide text into convenient sections, highlight important passages in italics or bold, style the text so that one paragraph contains one complete idea.
- Prioritize H1-H6 heading tags correctly. The most important tag - H1 - should express the main idea of the text. At the same time, it must be different from the title. In addition, depending on the semantic proximity to the main idea of the text, arrange the headings H2-H6, preferably keeping them in order of the hierarchy.
- Internal linking. If your site has pages or articles that can be mentioned, use internal linking. At the same time, each page should not be referenced more than 2 times.
- Write the content of the article. If you are creating a large and detailed text, be sure to add relevant content at the beginning so that it is easy for the user to find the information that is important to them. The content of the article makes it easy to navigate through the text, and for search engines it serves as a source of quick links in the snippet. Thus, the ranking of the text improves.
- Add Title and Description meta tags. At the beginning of the Title tag, use the primary keyword to pique the user’s interest. Title should be about 70-80 characters long. In Description, you need to describe the content of the text in more detail, without using keywords from the Title. Its recommended size is 150-160 characters.
- Check for "nausea", "spam", "wateriness" and the length of the text. If the meaning and subject matter of the article allows, try to create texts with a length of about 2500 characters: in short texts the context of the information will not be clear , in long ones the reading difficulty will increase. This indicator, as well as "nausea", etc. can be checked using specialized services such as advego.
Correctly optimized text has a much better chance of ranking high in search engines.
3. What is text analytics?
Text analytics is a tool that is useful if you need internal on-page SEO of text on your website pages. With its help, you can increase the text relevance of a page for a group of queries so that the page is ranked better. The tool will give recommendations for content optimization and it can be used for the following tasks:
- Creation of statements of work for copywriters. Assignments are generated based on the text analysis of competitors from the top 15 Google.
- Expansion of the semantic core and analysis of the text factor of page ranking.
- Obtaining a list of LSI and a preliminary analysis of them.
More details about the Serpstat Text Analytics tool can be found in the article.
4. What are SEO Articles?
SEO articles are texts that are optimized for search engines and meet their criteria. SEO articles must meet the following parameters:
- The text uniqueness is at least 85% but 95% uniqueness is more desirable. Uniqueness can be checked using specialized services, such as text.ru or advego.
- The size of the article is no less than 1500 characters.Use of keywords: each keyword is used no more than twice in the text and there is an even distribution of keywords in the text.
- The text content is structured in paragraphs and bulleted lists for easy navigation.
- Headings H1-H6 are written in the correct hierarchy.
- The text contains links to other articles and pages on your site.
- The article provides the user with comprehensive information, is readable and meets the requirements of search engines.
Optimizing for SEO allows search engines to find your text more often, boosting your site's rankings.