|How-to||– 6 min read –||October 4, 2019|
What is an online marketing case study
What is a case study
In this case, brief initial data are provided, and it is proposed to find the best way to achieve a specific goal like making a deal, selling a product, solving a technical issue, and overcome customer objections.
Cases can be individual and group, which are designed to determine the level of competence of the applicant and the ability to work in a team. Cases allow you to assess the professional level of the employee more effectively and get an idea of how successfully he will solve production issues and interact with other team members.
Online marketing case studies are descriptions of tasks that are already solved, helping to illustrate the work of the company at all stages from the start to the endpoint at which the desired result was achieved.
Marketing case study
A clear explanation of the goal and the need for individual actions to solve the issue based on real-life examples will help a potential client evaluate the qualification and performance of the company.
Two-thirds of marketers consider cases to be a very effective tool for generating leads and sales. The most popular use of cases is in the B2B segment. Most often, cases are used in such business sectors as:
- content creation and internet marketing;
- construction and repair;
- consulting services;
- business development and promotion;
- online services promotion;
- training and education, etc.
How to create your own case study
Don't write too voluminous texts, as this will frighten away your readers. Depending on the niche and complexity of the task, the volume of the case can be from 3 to 20 thousand characters.
Examples of case studies
- A case study is one of the most popular marketing tools in the B2B segment; it can also be successfully used for small businesses, service sites, information resources, and training companies;
- the use of cases will increase sales, as well as attract traffic to the website. Thanks to the case studies, the user gets a complete picture of the company's working methods and is able to evaluate the effectiveness of decision-making;
- in case studies, a clear comparison of the "Before" and "After" situations is of great importance; therefore, it's important to show how the client's situation was and how much it improved after working with the company.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)