|How-to||– 8 min read –||October 9, 2019|
What is a CRM system and how to choose it
What is a CRM system
Accordingly, it will be necessary to communicate with managers, deputy directors, and other personnel. Provided that these conversations happen on a regular basis, it is impossible to keep control of all the information considering deals, calls, or agreements.
- managers may fail to act in a consistent way;
- the director will not be able to control the marketing department and its members properly;
- there can possibly occur the loss of incoming calls and client requests;
- It may be hard to figure out if the marketing department functions effectively.
Advantages of CRM use
- A unified and standardized form of the database;
- control over managers and marketing department;
- possibility to form the statistics of work effectiveness regarding interaction with potential customers;
- ability to analyze different channels of client increase;
- working out a development strategy;
- working on sales quality improvement.
Even the simplest CRM system will be very useful for the companies that contact their customers directly and plan to extend the existing database.
There is no need for automatization in case a company only carries out the orders of several permanent clients. Retail shops also have no need to imply this kind of system as their working process is aimed at selling products here and now.
What missions does CRM system undertake
How to choose a CRM system
- Cloud (SaaS). All data is stored on the server of the software developer. The system possesses a closed source and limited functionality.
- StandAlone. The system is installed on your server, It has an open code and can be tuned to the company's needs.
- the functionality, the ability to integrate the services that are regularly used in your business. For example, if you operate certain mailing or IP telephony services, then select the CRM that suits these requirements;
- functionality should conform to your business. For minor companies, there is no need to purchase an extensive system. A basic version of saas system will be enough;
- the opportunity to import customer and personnel data into the system;
- the ability of planning and setting up automatic tasks;
- the price of CRM and developer support;
- for StandAlone type, it is important to check if the code is open or closed for editing;
- databook structure, the opportunity to consolidate user data into one group. It is important for LLPs that can contact you via any member of staff;
- the possibility of creating backup versions.
There's a list of user-generated software reviews, as well as buyer considerations for those looking to do some more research on the topic.
How much does CRM system cost
- unlimited license systems. You buy them only once: no need to make any additional payment for backup copies or software developer support;
- limited license systems. They function for a period: you need to pay a fixed license price monthly or yearly to be able to proceed using the program.
Any free CRM system has limited functionality. Still, it allows managing basic tasks of the communication between the marketing department members and clients. If you may feel the need for extended functionality, then it is recommended to buy paid versions.
The systems that function on the paid basis include built-in communications. They provide the opportunity to integrate most service types and programs used by accountants and personnel department managers.
The implementation of such a system makes sense for a major number of existing and potential clients, and in case you have an intention to extend the business.
There is a choice between free and paid CRM systems that include limited or extended functionality according to the selected tariff. The data may be cloud-stored on the developer's server or on the company's own server after the installation of the required software.
Every CRM system needs regular follow-up revision, support, and service.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)