What is a chatbot and how to create it
What is a chatbot
Chatbots vary significantly depending on the tasks that they must solve. The easiest option is an interactive form, the most complex one is a program with artificial intelligence that imitates an interlocutor who knows how to maintain a conversation on any subject.
Chatbots also vary in terms of the place where they are used; they are used on websites, social media, and messengers.
On websites, chatbots most often act like online consultants:
Why chatbots are useful for business
For example, in 2018, the global banking sector earned more than $41 billion thanks to the introduction of artificial intelligence programs:
- answering frequently asked questions;
- gathering personal data;
- booking airline tickets and tours;
- making doctor or beauty appointments;
- food delivery;
- informing about the services and special offers of the company;
- interviewing applicants before signing up for a personal interview;
- supporting and informing new company employees;
- employee timetable management;
- transmitting meter readings and reporting accidents of relevant city services;
- payment for goods, etc.
How to create a chatbot
The development of chatbots by programmers may require significant financial expenditures and a lot of time, so this option is more focused on medium and large businesses. Depending on the project complexity, the cost can range from ten to hundreds of thousands of dollars, and the work will take up to six months.
Therefore, it is advisable to contact professional software developers to create complex chatbots and programs with artificial intelligence. Such tasks are performed by many companies in the IT market, for example, Digital Studio Shatava, Nova IT, Nanosemantics, and JetStyle.
Creating chatbots without programming skills
For example, this banking chatbot acts like a dialog with a customer support person where you can choose what type of assistance you need and options to choose from to solve your issue:
How to create Telegram chatbots
- sending the news to subscribers of the channel;
- creating menus and your own commands;
- adding order forms and feedback;
- automatic posting on social media and news feeds.
Here is an example of the Telegram chatbot:
How to create a chatbot in Facebook Messenger
- providing technical support;
- for voice interfaces.
This builder can be used for free (up to a thousand messages per month) and in the paid version (with an increased limit):
- Chatbots are an effective and popular tool that can be successfully used to interact with customers, subscribers, and readers in any field of activity;
- chatbots can perform a variety of tasks from simply providing answers to popular questions to creating art and literary works;
- you can create a chatbot using your team of developers or on your own using various online builders;
- the use of chatbots increases the conversion rate and customer satisfaction and reduces company expenditures on staff or maintenance.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)