|How-to||– 11 min read –||October 11, 2019|
How to sell the website and where it can be done
The informational platforms which are not tied to specific business are a class of its own among all known digital resources on the Internet. For example, news portal, thematic forum, blog, etc. In this case, the owner of the website gains the main income from advertising, which cost depends on the audience of the portal.
The website popularity among users paired with the attractiveness of the online resource for advertisers is a result of the put efforts into the project, spent time, and the funds for the promotion and other necessary procedures to be done.
The website with the accumulated traffic and weight has its age. All the peculiarities and characteristics the website has is the way to get passive income. So any resource for its owner is a business object which can be bought or sold. The market of the willing sellers to put up the ready website for sale differs from the process of average offline business purchase and sale process a little.
The reasons to sell the websites
Selling domains and sites procedure. What is the difference?
If the potential buyer is close to the subject matter of the site, its functionality, other visible options, and this willing purchaser does not want to spend time and effort promoting the web project from scratch, the purchase of the finished site can be a good option. The seller is compensated for a large amount of work done, and the buyer gets a resource with content and rating that can generate passive income from the very beginning.
The site for sale comes complete with the domain because the pages if the online project of interest and URLs have a developed rating and link mass.
Selling domains process which is run separately from sites occurs when the resource itself is not valuable to the buyer, but its domain may be useful to another owner. It happens when the domain of the online platform corresponds to the theme of the site and has its own significant history. Moreover, search engines consider old domains as more authoritative and trusted than newly created ones. It is one more reason to purchase a domain separately.
How to Sell a Site
- a specialized exchange;
- a section of the popular market place;
- a forum of webmasters.
However, a suitable domain name has been often already used, and selection a similar free domain in another zone (.com, .biz, .org) is not available.
To get the suitable name of the site, you can search for offers among those wishing to sell the domain purchasers. Often owners who put the domain up for sale have a low-activity site and outdated content. Such a category of people does not aspire to change something in there left online project.
How to Sell a Domain
Where to sell the website? An optional platform selection
Besides the websites' buy and sell option, the applications, domains trading is also possible. The Flippa service range also includes financing and broker activities online for platform visitors.
- Websites for Sale.
- Sell Your Website.
Factors affecting the price of the site
- Site traffic analysis. Visitors are the main indicator of resource value. The more users visit the site every day, and the higher their interest in content, the more weight the site has. It is also important to take into account the number of unique website visitors. Google Analytics is used for suitable statistics.
- Site profit. For the buyer, it is important what income from the site he can get. To do this, you need to collect data for a certain period of time, for example, a month. If income is unstable, depending on seasonality and other factors, you can provide a total for the year or an average for the month.
- Technical quality parameters. In order to form a complete general picture, the number of indexed pages and the presence of technical errors should be taken into account. This information can be obtained, for example, from Google Search Console or in the Site Audit section of Serpstat.
- Domain name and age. The age of the domain plays a significant role in a selling price forming. The presence of a keyword reflecting the main activity of the company in the domain name is a bonus that significantly affects the final price (of course, propitiously).
- Reputation of the resource, its rating. It is important for the buyer that the site is not sanctioned by search engines. The resource that is under some restrictions or got under some filters will be cheaper.
- Site design. If the website's visual appearance was designed perfectly by the team of owner's developers, the price for the project should be increased for sure. So the esthetic side is a must-have.
- Mobile version. If there were attachments for smartphones, it is also worth taking into account. The purchaser will be glad to pay more for the adaptive website version.
- The main concept of correspondence. The more popular a chosen direction of the site among users, the more volume of traffic is. As a result, the marketing potential of the site is increasing, the cost of online project is growing proportionally.
- Unique content. Before selling, it is worth indicating the quality of the resource content. If content is copied from other sites, it can lead to search engine sanctions. Such a feature significantly devalues the resource.
Today there is a big number of exchanges and platforms that offer a wide selection of sites on different topics and conditions for a safe deal.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)