|How-to||– 7 min read –||August 28, 2019|
How to quickly add a business to Google Maps
Why is it important to add your business to maps
- Your business details will appear in the top of the first page of search results and on Google Maps. Customers can easily find you by simply routing to your office on Google Maps.
- Customers will leave reviews about the company; these reviews will be available to potential customers, as they will be displayed near the URL.
- Mobile users who are within your service range will see all the companies marked on the map, including your company, and will be able to quickly find and choose you.
- Customers will go to your website to get more specific information (the website URL will be placed next to the map), and you will receive additional orders.
- Location information can be used for Google AdWords advertising provided the contextual advertising is set up.
Check out more advantages of marking your company on the maps:
- Google Maps is free-of-charge.
- It is not necessary to own a website to be able to add a company to the maps.
- If you have several branches or shops, you can also mark them on the map.
- If the business is not linked to a specific location, and you provide on-site services, business registration is also possible.
Before proceeding with setting up your My Business account using the instructions below, please note this important factor.
- Brand Page: It is not linked to the location and is not displayed on Google Maps and Search Engine. It is designed to communicate with brand fans and post different news. Users cannot leave reviews on it.
- Company or Organization Page: company page with location information. It is displayed on Google Maps as well as in the search results. Users can leave feedback about the company.
So, now we can start the setup. It's quite easy and will take you not more than ten minutes.
How to set up Google My Business
Sign up for Gmail.com
If you want to create corporate email for your company, Google also provides this service. But it is no longer free-of-charge. Follow this link to find out more about setting up corporate mail for your business.
Company registration in the "My Business" service. Filling in company information
In the next window fill in all the fields (enter information about your company) and click on the "Continue" button. Pay attention to the "Do you deliver goods and services to clients' location?" This means you don't have an office and you are delivering the services yourself.
Authorization of authority to add a company to My Business
Email confirmation for Google to send you the verification code
Fill in additional company information
After confirming your verification code, make sure Google shows:
- Correct link to your website,
- Proper working hours,
- Consumer contact information,
- Exact address,
- Links to reviews, directories and other information about your business online.
How to share access to my Google My Business account
Google My Business has the following default accesses:
- "Primary owner";
Add new users to your account in the Users tab:
How to find the keywords by using which the map is displayed in search results
Enter the keyword and go to Keyword Research→ SEO Research → Keyword Selection. Open "Filters" and select "Special elements in SERP" and "Local pack" items.
- through the website,
- through Google My Business listing,
- in online business directories,
- on social network pages (VK, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Telegram, Google+),
- on overview websites,
- on review websites.
The more resources that contain information about your business, the easier it is for potential customers to find you through search engines.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)