|How-to||– 13 min read –||September 17, 2019|
How to promote a business on social networks: SMM promotion and advertising
Ways to promote a business on social networks
SMM-promotion of a business usually occurs through Facebook communities, Instagram and LinkedIn business pages, YouTube business channel, and Google+ brand account.
You can create Viber and WhatsApp business communities, as well as the public Telegram channel.
Development of business accounts on social networks and instant messengers
- On Facebook, you can create a company or brand page, community, or public individual by adding a call to action button. You can also use Messenger to configure chat with clients on your website;
- Instagram business accounts are created by linking to Facebook pages; you can add call buttons, send letters and specify the route to the company on Google Maps;
- after creating a community page on LinkedIn, you can post news and study web analytics of the page;
- to use the Youtube business channel, you'll first need to create a Google Account;
- Google+ is a very popular social network for brand SMM promotion, however, and there are two billion registered users worldwide;
- WhatsApp has two page options: WhatsApp Business for small and medium-sized businesses and WhatsApp Business API, which is developed for large corporate clients;
- to create a Viber community, you need to download the application on your smartphone. Besides, Viber provides a feature of creating branded stickers, e-commerce, sending business messages;
- Telegram allows you to create public channels and bots for customer support, integration with other services, and receiving payments.
Studying the current situation with the brand on the social network
It is important to keep this frequency regardless of the chosen rhythm, whether it is one post per hour, per day or per week; the main point is to keep it alive.
It's necessary to respond timely to all user comments regarding the company's work, correctly perceiving negative reviews and responding kindly to positive ones. If you have questions for subscribers, you must give full and competent advice that may be useful to other visitors.
Setting performance indicators on social networks
An important tool in this case is the work plan on social networks for a further period of time, indicating expectations from each business account in six months or a year. There should not be too many goals, three objectives will be enough; also, you need to determine the subtasks that must be completed to achieve the goals mentioned.
To see the effectiveness of a particular post, you can use UTM tags on your account; these are code fragments that you can create in special services:
Drawing up a portrait of a representative of the target audience
After creating a detailed portrait of a typical client, indicating gender, social status, main interests, and life priorities, it will become clearer which particular content can be in greatest demand.
Create a unique selling proposition
The business strategy should be based on a basic understanding of the strengths of the company and the ability of all its employees to inspire customers with confidence that the choice of this particular product is appropriate.
Social networks help business to convey the value of this offer to the target audience in a simple and convenient way.
Drawing up a content strategy
- entertainment content: it causes the greatest interest among subscribers that actively repost the materials;
- educational materials related to the company business, which solve consumer problems, expand their conceptual framework, and increase erudition:
- commercial content: direct advertising of goods or services. Links to the official website and other business communities of the company should not be too annoying and frequent; otherwise, there is a big risk of losing subscribers;
- content created by the users themselves: video reviews, comments, photos related to the brand;
- interactive materials: subscribers' surveys, opening topics for discussion and other options for dialogue with customers;
- company news: information about the brand's activities, interesting stories about successes and failures, employee presentations, videos showing the production process. All this will contribute to the promotion of the brand on social networks, its recognition.
Community graphic design
Adding community widgets and social media buttons
- uSocial social button builder, which includes design settings and subsequent analytics:
To add community widgets to the site, you can use plugins and modules for the CMS used, for example, Social Likes for WordPress, besides tools from the developers of the social networks themselves.
Targeted advertising on social networks allows you to fine-tune the audience by which advertisements will be displayed, from gender and age to certain interests and activities, for example, recently made trips.
This is how advertising setup on Facebook and Instagram looks like:
When advertising in popular communities, you need to pay attention not only to their topics and the number of subscribers, but also to the activity of the participants; the majority of the community members often appear to be bots, and in this case, placing advertising posts in the community doesn't make sense.
When ordering posts from opinion leaders, you need to focus on popular public figures and bloggers, most of the subscribers of which match or intersect with the brand's target audience.
The prize offered to the winner of the contest should be related to the company's products or related to the offers of the partner company. The price of the prize should correlate with the brand's popularity: start-up companies can afford an inexpensive gift, while world-famous brands usually offer expensive prizes.
Using hashtags and geolocation
- business accounts on social networks and instant messengers;
- analysis of the current situation and long-term planning;
- identification of goals and their quantitative indicators;
- study of the target audience;
- unique selling proposition;
- content strategy;
- community graphic design;
- community widgets and buttons of social networks on the website;
- advertising on social networks;
- contests for subscribers;
- hashtags and geolocation in posts.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)