|How-to||– 9 min read –||October 16, 2019|
How to Design a Landing Page: Full Tutorial With Examples
We will tell and show in this article how to create landing pages in order to achieve the desired action from the user.
- Product for promotion. The golden rule for creating landings states: one product - one landing page. We recommend that you refrain from creating "universal" pages where all your products or services are presented. There is a website for this, and your landing page should focus on one product or a product line, in extreme cases.
- Target customers and their habitats. When compiling a customer's portrait, it is necessary to determine not only demographic characteristics (gender, age, income level, etc.). First of all, psychological and behavioral factors are important that will help you understand what these people are interested in, what problems they have, how to "hook" them, where to find them, and so on.
- Competitors and their promotion methods. Make a list of direct and indirect competitors. Analyze how many competitors you have, where they are promoted (and why), what their landing pages look like and what they have in common, what nice tricks they use in their landing pages, and so on. Answers to these questions will help you understand how to better present your product, emphasize benefits and attract customers.
Development of a landing page
Design and development
- create a landing page on your own using a landing page constructor like Wix or Tilda (cheap, but unprofessional);
- hire specialists who will make it "from scratch" (professionally, but expensive);
- develop a landing page on a platform that combines both a site builder and professional designers services, like Weblium (quickly, inexpensively and efficiently).
Regardless of which option you choose, you need to pay special attention to some points:
If you use forms, make as few number of fields as possible, like on the Ionic platform for web developers. Now more and more companies use only one field - email - and the rest of the user data is received in the process of further communication.
- Functional Testing. Check whether all interactive elements work as intended on all browsers, devices, and operating systems. One mistake related to the lead form will nullify all efforts.
Make sure that the hosting where the landing page is published is accessible to users from the target countries. If you use a specialized service, there will be less work at this stage: the functions are checked automatically, and if problems arise, you can contact the support.
- Proofreading text. Before you attract real users to the landing page, you need to make sure that there are no errors or typos in the texts. The more expensive the product, the higher the price of each error. Pay particular attention to numbers. If you make a mistake in the price or term of the promotion, it is unlikely to convince the user to buy under less favorable conditions.
- Marketing split testing. Before starting the main campaign, it is reasonable to conduct A / B testing on a small number of users. Check different options for headers, CTA (call-to-action), forms and other elements of the page - this will help increase the conversion of the landing page and the profit.
It's great if you have your own team of copywriters, designers, and developers - trusted people who know your product and can do everything perfectly. But this rarely happens: much more often contractors are searched for a specific project, and the owner of the project is excitedly waiting for the landing to be successful or not.
But business is not magic, and to get a predictable result, it's wiser to turn to professionals. Weblium team has developed thousands of sites and landing pages. At an affordable price, you get not only a beautiful but also an effective landing page, developed with the participation of professional designers, with which you can run an advertising campaign and get an influx of customers.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)