|How-to||– 7 min read –||August 14, 2019|
How to get customer feedback
Why customer reviews are important for business
Research conducted in 2018 by ReviewTrackers revealed the following patterns:
- 94% of Internet users say that negative reviews convinced them to refuse services or products of any company;
- 63% of potential customers say that they are most likely to get feedback on it from Google before contacting the company;
- 53% of consumers believe that the company is obliged to respond to their negative reviews during the week, but 63% still do not receive comments from the brand;
- 80% of consumers claim to trust companies with a rating of at least four out of five stars;
- customers often leave feedback in case of negative experience (34%) than positive (28%);
- the average rating of organizations varies from 3.87 stars in education to 4.53 in insurance.
How to get customer feedback
- add a feedback form to the website with the inscription that it is very important for the company to receive customer comments on the quality of its work. You can also broadcast reviews about the brand, received in social networks. New customers will be interested in getting acquainted with the comments on the work of the company. It is desirable that the reviews can add photos and videos;
- publish in social networks "Reviews of our customers" with a unique hashtag, for example, #reviews_about_company_name:
- send an e-mail with a request to provide feedback to customers who have recently used the services of the organization. It is important to ask for it in a non-trivial way, and also to offer the customer some benefit — a discount on the next purchase or a small gift;
- ask customers to leave feedback using a phone call;
- use trigger mailings for the resource — set up an auto-answer after placing the order with the information that you can get a certain bonus for the feedback;
- announce a competition for the best review with a valuable prize for the winner:
- arrange a lottery among customers who have left a review — in this case the winner is automatically selected using a random number generator;
- offer crediting a small amount to the mobile account or card customers, who posted a review of the company's work on the popular resource with feedbacks. Then you need to provide links to customer reviews on the page with your own website feedbacks.
How to respond to customer reviews
A good answer would be a detailed individual response to the client instead of the template one.
An example of a response to positive feedback, which can be used as a template:
How to add the ability to leave feedback on the website
WordPress Feedback Plugins
- You can add reviews to the desired page using an automatically generated code;
- you can add photos to reviews;
- the plugin allows you to display a random review or show a slideshow of reviews;
- the plugin uses JSON-LD markup, so reviews are correctly displayed in search results.
- setting in the administrative panel of all properties;
- pagination buttons;
- product ratings in the stars;
- the ability to create your own template;
- new filters.
- compatible with Opencart versions 22.214.171.124 and higher;
- the feedback indicates the date, the name of the author, the rating and the text of the customer comment;
- you can display the desired number of reviews;
- it is possible to sort reviews in the desired order: arbitrary or alphabetical.
- has Russian and English versions of the interface;
- allows you to add a link to the author's review;
- there is a pop-up notification about the publication of a review;
- displays the response to customer feedback from the administration.
It is important to collect feedback in various ways and respond to them in a timely manner. A timely and detailed response to the negative review will help maintain the company's reputation in the eyes of potential buyers, and the response to a positive customer review may increase the likelihood of repeat purchases.
It is better to get a negative review and work it out by publicly offering assistance to an unsatisfied customer, rather than not having any feedback at all.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)