How to find out the keywords of competitors and collect borrowed semantics
Search for competitors by keywords
For example, you're planning to launch a flower delivery site. To be on to successful sites in this area, you can use Serpstat.
For example, enter the key phrase "Flower Delivery" and click "Search" to find out the main competitors:
- search volume of the phrase which is the average number of requests per month in the selected search engine;
- the competition, from 0 to 100 percent, depending on how often the phrase is used in advertising campaigns. In this example, the phrase has maximum competition;
- the cost per one click on an ad in contextual advertising in dollars;
- the complexity of the phrase to advance in the TOP. The result shows the average complexity of key output in the TOP-10 of Google.
The overview also shows a graph of the seasonal request popularity. In this case, there are two spikes in the use of the phrase during the year, on the 10th of February and the 5th of March:
How to collect competitor keywords using Serpstat
To avoid mistakes that could have been made by a competitor, it makes sense to use a unified semantic core collected from different sites. Keywords that are used on several projects at the same time will be most crucial for the new site.
To find out the keywords of a domain, using Serpstat, click on any selected competitor from the ones presented earlier in the overview:
Besides, you see whether there are additional elements in the search results for each request, for example, images, related keywords, advertising.
Data on contextual advertising, such as the level of competition and the cost per one click on an ad, is also available. For further work, the keywords are exported to a file.
After loading the created semantics, you're able to export the results to a file.
Competitor keyword analysis
Moreover, it's worth checking how popular the phrase is with users, checking its frequency, and find out what the competition is in contextual advertising for this key. This information is available in the Serpstat module "Keyword Research" — "Overview", which was discussed in detail in the first section.
After the final selection of all suitable keywords, you need to do clustering, which means selecting a group of keys that are then promoted on one page. Clustering is also easy with the "Clustering and Text Analytics" tool of Serpstat:
- The keywords of competitors serve as the basis for creating your semantic core;
- these keywords are used in contextual advertising, taken into account when creating the structure and sections of the site, and in optimizing project pages;
- collect competitor keys using various services, for example, Serpstat. Online services provide statistical data for analysis, in addition to the phrases themselves.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)