How to disable plugins for the mobile version of a website
Website optimization for mobile devices
In order to provide mobile users with the necessary functionality and quick loading of a website, it is important to use appropriate plugins that will work correctly on all devices.
For example, when using Adobe Flash Player in the mobile version, the "Incompatible plugins are used" error will be displayed. In this case, the content will not be played and the user will see a blank screen or an error message:
Google recommends using HTML5 tags for playing video content and animations on a mobile version instead of unsupported players. You can also disable modules that are not needed for a mobile version using media queries. They allow you to set specific CSS rules for portable devices based on their screen size.
For example, you need to disable an animated advertising unit on mobile devices with a screen resolution of less than 600px. You need to write such a media query into the CSS module style sheet replacing the value "block-id" with the block identifier which is to be hidden:
The best plugins for a mobile website version on WordPress
Plugins for mobile users of Drupal
SEO for mobile website versions on Joomla
You can generate accelerated pages for Joomla websites using the Accelerated Mobile Pages extension:
Checking a mobile website version via Mobile-Friendly Test
- Improving the usability of the project on mobile devices, including the design adaptation and increasing the loading speed, is an important stage in the search engine optimization of any modern website.
- Some plugins and content formats are not supported on mobile devices. You should use HTML5 tags or disable such plugins on portable devices to avoid problems with the mobile version of a website.
- You can use plugins, modules, and extensions for CMS to speed up the loading of pages on the mobile version. These tools are designed to optimize code, cache pages or convert them to the AMP format.
- You can hide certain blocks and disable modules in the mobile version using plugins for CMS, media queries, and Bootstrap classes.
- You can check the website's friendliness for mobile devices and find out about possible page issues with the help of Google's Mobile-Friendly Test.
|Run Site Audit|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)