How to design a portfolio on the website
How to create a portfolio
Each completed project was a specific task once. With exactly the same task, other potential customers will come to the company. And if they see that they coped with it brilliantly here, they will gladly place their order.
That is why, when creating a website for a portfolio, you need to look at it through the client's eyes. And he will definitely want to see under each project:
- The order options. What goal was set, what were the deadlines?
- The job description. How they performed, what difficulties they encountered, how they managed to overcome them?
- The result. What has been achieved, preferably in numbers?
For example, some people prefer to show how the budget has increased.
If desired, and if possible, you can specify or mention the budget in passing — it helps customers to ask the price and make a choice in favor of the company.
How to arrange a portfolio
The hardest thing is with a portfolio of large companies — there are many projects, and it is not possible to find a similar one to your own. To avoid such inconvenience, it is enough to structure the material, divide everything into sections or categories. Below is one of the options.
Portfolio design elements: examples
Not only the photographer's portfolio website should have high-quality images. For example, if a company is engaged in the creation of sites, portfolios are often illustrated with high-quality photographs of a screen with a loaded web page:
Description and result
How to make a portfolio perfect
Internet marketers advise:
Here is an additional plus — the portfolio will not be oversaturated. In addition, not all customers have time to view all the work. Some just need to see a couple on their topic to make a choice.
Secondly, if a company has been in the market for more than three years and is constantly being improved, it is worth gradually replacing old works with new ones. This is very relevant for the website of the designer's portfolio: trends and technologies are constantly changing, and against this background, it is very easy to seem outdated.
Finally, you need to apply creative. One of the options is an unusual arrangement of project photos:
- only the strongest projects should be included in it;
- to each of them you need to make a high-quality photo, add a brief but useful description;
- periodically, it is desirable to update the work;
- the final touch is feedback. It is necessary to enable customers to place orders directly below the description — this will save a lot of time;
- also on the page with the portfolio should be intuitive navigation;
- if there are many works, it is better to divide them into blocks. Another option is to configure the search. Projects can be arranged in different ways. The main thing is that everything looks simple and clear.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)