|How-to||– 11 min read –||September 17, 2019|
How to create business accounts in instant messengers
Why do you need to create business accounts in instant messengers
According to the VimpelCom assessment, the main audience using instant messengers is aged 25-35, which makes 35% of all users.The number of messenger users around the world:
- WhatsApp counted a billion active users daily as of July 2017;
- Facebook Messenger reached 1.3 billion users as of October 2018;
- Telegram had 200 million active users as of March 2018.
Using business accounts in messengers, you can provide customer support, inform about promo and special offers, offer a convenient search for goods, configure analytics, and accept payments.
Advantages of instant messengers for business
- Customers change mobile numbers less often than email addresses;
- thanks to push notifications, more messages are actually read;
- the use of instant messengers is convenient if the scope of the company involves offline interaction, for example, setting an appointment to a beauty salon, or multiple contacts with the client are needed for clarifications and reminders;
- unlike SMS-mailing, instant messengers for business open many communication formats, except for text;
- with the help of instant messengers, you can constantly stay in touch and provide technical support. Unlike phone calls, there is no need to instantly start a conversation;
- the use of instant messengers for commercial purposes requires lower financial costs than using email and SMS mailings.
What is not available in instant messengers
- Bulk mailing on behalf of a business account;
- messengers monitor privacy. Therefore, they don't allow business accounts to write to users first, customers must themselves initiate communication with the company. After that, it will be possible to send messages to the client;
- using a personal phone number for a business account;
- information about the phone number of the client who applied;
- considering that users of instant messengers read through channels mainly using mobile devices, it is advisable not to use too long text messages.
How and why do you need to create a business account on WhatsApp
So far, the application works in limited mode. Therefore, you must fill out and submit a form that will be reviewed by company representatives to access the capabilities of a business account:
WhatsApp Business offers the following features:
- creating a company profile with contact information;
- organization of WhatsApp-channel (chat) using shortcuts for quick access;
- quick replies: adding templates from the most frequently sent messages;
- automatic replies: welcome messages or notifications that there is currently no way to write;
- using a landline phone number so customers can send messages on this number;
- analytics: the number of messages sent, received, and read.
Telegram business opportunities
Public channel features:
- you can send long-read links to subscribers by adding a summary of the article;
- a good solution is to use visual content: pictures, gifs, stickers;
- messenger users get tired of frequent notifications, so the channel must be administered with care.
To create an appropriate schedule, use postponed posting systems. You will need to create an assistant bot to make posts in the channel.
Creating a Telegram bot for business
Creating a public Telegram channel
- sending personalized notifications and news, acting as a smart newspaper that sends content upon publication. You can configure the bot to automatically send news using the services ifttt.com/ or kuku.io;
- integration with other services. In Telegram business chats you can use Gmail Bot, Image Bot, GIF bot, YouTube bot, and other bots;
- accepting payments from Telegram users. The bot can offer paid services or work as a virtual store.
Creating a business account on Facebook Messenger
To configure the Messenger functions, go to the "Messenger Platform" subsection of the page settings:
Using the bot for Facebook Messenger
Using bots, you can create shopping list processors, online stores, customer support, use list templates, and much more.
Currently, social network developers are testing the payment function. So far, the service is available in beta mode only for pages that conduct transactions in the United States. When the option is activated, you can embed the Buy button and receive payments from customers in the chat with the bot.
- using pages and public channels to publish company news;
- bot development for customer support;
- creating branded stickers;
- use of e-commerce;
- sending business messages;
- integration with third-party services;
- receiving payments from customers;
- business account analytics.
Each business messenger has its own technical features, pros and cons, as well as its own target audience. All these nuances must be taken into account for the most effective work with customers.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)