|How-to||– 7 min read –||November 19, 2019|
How to create a banner for a website and use it in the Google Display Network
How an advertising banner helps to promote a website
By placing banners on the CCM, the following tasks can be solved:
- inform potential customers about promotions and special offers of the company;
- attract the attention of the target audience to a new brand or product;
- increase the number of site visitors;
- influence the users subconscious even if they did not pay attention to the placed banner;
- fine-tune the display of ads with banners, displaying them for specific requests and specific audiences. For example, show banners only to users who have small children or to those who travel often;
- analyze the effectiveness of advertising and the degree of customer interest in certain products and offers.
Types of banners for a site in Google Advertising
A static banner for a website is created in JPG or PNG formats using certain sizes. According to a study conducted in 2018, the most popular formats are:
- rectangles (300 x 250 and 336 x 280 pixels);
- full-sized banners (728 x 90 pixels);
- skyscrapers (160 x 600 pixels).
For mobile devices the following sizes are common:
- 300 x 50 pixels;
- 320 x 50 pixels
- 320 x 100 pixels.
Recommendations for banners creating
Due to the abundance of excess information, visitors can concentrate on those parts of the page on which they are used to seeing useful content, and in most cases ignore side ad units:
How to draw attention to the image advertising
For example, a banner with advertisement of programming courses will be relevant for young people visiting sites on the topic of information technology:
How to make a banner online
How to add a banner to the Google Adwords Display Network
- To attract additional traffic to the site and popularize the brand, you can use banners on the Google Adwords Display Network or its analogues.
- A quality banner should be concise, contain a call to action, an advertising image and the logo.
- You can create a banner using Google Adwords, paid or free programs and online tools.
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)