How to analyse subdomains
What is a subdomain
A subdomain example:
Creating subdomains is not always the most appropriate way to structure information; in most cases, you should employ a traditional way of distributing data to thematic catalogs on a single source.
Generally, subdomains are applied to the sites including regional representatives or distinct information division within a general topic. Another reason for subdomain implementation is use of mobile version:
A subdomain is perceived by the search engines as a separate website; therefore indexing and promotion of a subdomain is also carried out apart from the main domain. Technically, a subdomain is created with a hosting provider; the server provides an individual file for every subdomain.
How to create a subdomain
Advantages of subdomains
Disadvantages of subdomains
Subdomain analysis with Serpstat tool
- For middle-sized resources it is recommended to use a standard system of sections and subsections instead of subdomains.
- It is essential to publish only unique content on regional subdomains.
- Use of similar requests for subdomains and main domain promotion may result in filter implementation carried out by the search engines that might consider these domains to be affiliates.
- Subdomains are traditionally used for forums, technical support pages, mobile versions of online platforms, etc.
- Serpstat subdomain analysis gives an opportunity to get profound lists of subdomains and promotion phrases relevant for checking your own portal as well as the competitors' projects.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)