|How-to||– 11 min read –||July 30, 2019|
How to add a live chat to a site
What is a live chat?
In a research provided by eMarketer, it is claimed that 38% of interviewed consumers did their purchases exactly due to chatting. Moreover, according to Zendesk company's statistical study, most of the internet users prefer online consultation as a way of communication with the seller and 92% of them are totally satisfied with it.
Live chat software advantages for site
This is the main live chat upside for the user — a suitable feedback form is always right at hand. You don't have to go to other pages for emailing or sending a message. Everything is much faster, easier and user-friendlier.
For site owners adding such a tool also means many advantages. Furthermore, all of them positively influence the conversion:
Live chat software disadvantages
- it may be extremely obsessive. Quite often site owners make the chat widget too big, add useless animation and sounds which do nothing but irritate users;
- design of the chat may not meet the general site design and conception. This looks at least ridiculous. Most of the live chat software providers allow their users to adjust the chat design. However, site owners often ignore such an option;
- if the site isn't optimized and works slowly, this widget will slow the page loading speed further. This will also negatively affect site performance, ranking and sells.
In order to avoid these problems, it is better to check the site statistics after 1-2 months since the tool had been added to the site. If there aren't any positive results, it worth thinking off whether the consultant adjustments are correct and whether it is needed at all. However, a correctly adjusted tool won't negatively influence performance.
Live chat types
Active one opens automatically. The moment it happens depends on settings. The key options may be some particular visitor's actions, the time spent on the website, etc.
It is essential to choose the right moment for the widget's activity. There is a common mistake when the tool is adjusted so that it is automatically launched without any need. For instance, a user has just entered the site and the support team already suggests their help, although nothing has happened yet. It is important not to overtry and not to make the service obsessive.
Live chat providers
- don't require additional data protection;
- can go along with other company's logo;
- don't need to control the software activity.
Whether default functions are enough or not depends on your goals and tasks. This also influences pricing. Let's consider the most popular live chat providers.
- Lite — it is free and means having 1 concurrent chat. Moreover, you are provided with a 30-day chat history;
- Team — pricing starts from $14 per month. Means unlimited chats, 2 triggers which let you automatically create actions based on specific criteria. Also, you can group your agents into no more than 2 departments;
- Professional — pricing starts from $29 per month. Create an unlimited number of triggers and departments. Allows adjusting chat routes and provides conversion tracking;
- Enterprise — pricing starts from $59 per month. The version includes all the mentioned functions but also has lots of advanced ones providing you with all the needed data concerning your customers and site performance. Also includes many widget settings.
- ability to manage conversations from both email and chat;
- collaboration with other agents to solve customers' problems;
- integration with Hubspot, Google, etc.
The pricing starts at $38 per month, while the price for Premium version is determined personally according to the chosen functions and VIP services.
Live chat installation
Copy the widget code and paste it to the root folder of the site before the closing </body> tag:
All the widgets work and are installed in the same or pretty similar way. So, if you have chosen another service, there also shouldn't be any problems while installation.
Support service live chat suits best for online stores and big websites with a large amount of information or products.
This article is a part of Serpstat's Checklist tool
|Try Checklist now|
Learn how to get the most out of Serpstat
Want to get a personal demo, trial period or bunch of successful use cases?
Send a request and our expert will contact you ;)
Cases, lifehacks, researches and useful articles
Don’t you have time to follow the news? No worries!
Our editor Stacy will choose articles that will definitely help you with your work. Join our cozy community :)