|Marketing||– 6 min read –||December 15, 2016|
5 steps of social media competitive analysis
Find your competitors
Answer the questions
- Does your target audience use social networks?
- Which social media are the most popular among your target audience? And thus which social networks to choose for your promotion?
- How should the perfect public in your niche look like?
- What type of content do your competitors post?
- How often and when should you post it?
- What products or services of your competitors do their customers like the most?
Answering these and other questions will help you specify the goals of your social media marketing strategy.
Assess the most important parameters of social media competitive analysis
- Audience size
Use Rival IQ to find this out. You can analyze the unlimited number of your competitors on such social networks like Twitter, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and compare their benefits with yours. To get this data create an account, enter your company website and add the websites of your competitors. Then click on any social media icon on the right and go to "Detailed Metrics."
- Level of social media engagement
- Page Design
- Page description
- Identify the most shareable content
Track the web mentions of your competitor
- Analyze your target audience;
- Make a list of web platforms that cooperate with your competitors and get in touch with them to tell about your brand;
- Track the appearance of the new competitors in the niche or new services, unique offers of existing ones;
Mind regular tracking